Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Here is the problem:

The $30mm is not a huge chunk..it is a total over 4-5 years. What I am saying is Adidas is going to pay him that money for being in a larger market, so he will not care.

The second problem is we are not going to be super cap friendly if he leaves. We will still have garbage contracts that we will most likely try to dump today with Dwight in a trade.

So if he does walk, we are still looking at a team with Hedo and Duhon and Glen Davis taking up over 20 million dollars.

Your last sentence makes me sick to my stomach. We sure could start to rebuild a lot sooner if we sent at least 2 of those 3 packing with Dwight for expirings and/or picks. I don't think it will happen, though. I think old man DeVoss is the boss, and knows that this year is probably his last shot at a championship. If you're old and rich , you don't need to have good business sense. If I was him, I'd probably do the same thing.

How the ***** did we end up paying so much for Dodohon. I know Hedo situation hoping we were getting 09 Hedo.

air_medium.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if they trade for Dwight now, can't they go ahead and extend him and D-Will right now?

Extending them now would only push them back a year to free agency. What they would really want to do is re-sign them this summer and lock them up long term.

If they extended for a year, and things didn't improve to the point that they were instantly competing for a title, then they run the risk of a Dallas or someone else picking them off the following summer.

Bro, Duhon has the Knicks single game record for assists in a game. We're blessed to have signed him for what we did

Most games his stat line looks like a bad password 1234 (1 reb 2 asst 3pts 4 to )

I couldn't even type this with a straight face

Go away Laker plant

Seriously.

Well, with Dwight coming out and saying he's sticking out the season TODAY, that does actually give us a little bit of leverage. While I still don't think the Nets would part with Williams, the Suns just might part with Nash, and Nash might actually want to come over, knowing Dwight was here to the end of the season.

Just speculation, but would be cool. I've always loved Nash - would be awesome to see him get his ring wearing a Magic uniform.