Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

What are you a child? You really think it's that simple to do a few deals and all of a sudden Howard wants to stay in Orlando?

Listen...Dwight has already made up his mind he doesn't want to play here in Orlando. Nothing, absolutely nothing is going to change his mind now. The damage has been done.

Lets say Dwight does stay because of a few players added, you really think he's going to give 100% all season long to an organization that in his mind, isn't capable of winning a championship? Get real man. That would be another Tracy McGrady situation, giving up on his teammates when they need him the most. Why the hell would you keep a player that doesn't want to play on your team? Thats the most uncomfortable situation for players and coaches, and fans too.

I agree with most of you are saying. I really do not want Howard on the team anymore. To me, Howard has a big ego similar to Lebron James. I would rather love a lottery team than have the likes of Howard or James on this team. Personally, I would not trade him to any other except a lottery team. Let him get to the Lakers, Boston, or where via FA. Magic are not going to get his value anyway. After he gave the Magic and Magic fans the finger, who cares. Good riddance. Let the other team fans cry when he makes stupid turnovers, misses a ton of FT. Gets suspended because he complians non stop.

Ok, so it comes down to the LA Clippers and Chicago Bulls then. Fair enough. Both teams at least have young talent and potential lottery picks to throw in. If you are not happy with our 2012 1st Rd pick, we can swap it for the Charlotte Bobcats 1st Rd pick. That pick comes from the Tyrus Thomas trade, it is top 3 protected, I believe, but will still be a very high pick.

Would you rather Omer Asik, Carlos Boozer, Nikola Mirotic and Charlotte Bobcats 2012 1st Rd pick, or

Eric Gordon, Al-Farouq Aminu, DeAndre Jordan and Timberwolves 2012 First Rd pick.

These are you're realistic options. I personally think Dwight Howard would rather play alongside Derrick Rose than Blake Griffin, as Blake and Dwight are essentially the same player. But you have to admit, the package the Bulls can offer is a heck of a lot better than the garbage that the Lakers, Mavs or Nets can offer. The Nets might have had something useful to offer, but they gave it all to the Jazz for Deron Williams.

Has to be the Clippers deal plus Dwight has appaently said he's not interested in Chicago....God knows why

Has to be the Clippers deal plus Dwight has appaently said he's not interested in Chicago....God knows why

Since when do players dictate what team they play for in trades? If he wants to quit on Orlando and leave then thats his choice, where he goes is up to Orlando management. Not Dwight.

What are you a child? You really think it's that simple to do a few deals and all of a sudden Howard wants to stay in Orlando?

Listen...Dwight has already made up his mind he doesn't want to play here in Orlando. Nothing, absolutely nothing is going to change his mind now. The damage has been done.

Lets say Dwight does stay because of a few players added, you really think he's going to give 100% all season long to an organization that in his mind, isn't capable of winning a championship? Get real man. That would be another Tracy McGrady situation, giving up on his teammates when they need him the most. Why the hell would you keep a player that doesn't want to play on your team? Thats the most uncomfortable situation for players and coaches, and fans too.

It sounds to me like every single one of Howard's requests/suggestions were ignored over the past several years. Why the hell are we letting Otis Smith run this team if he's visibly running it into the ground? Why isn't anybody stepping in and stopping this train wreck? That's my question. If Howard leaves (trade or FA) this team is going to suck for many years just like when Shaq left. I don't understand how they can allow this to happen twice.

Josh Robbins @JoshuaBRobbins 33 sec Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Otis Smith (cont'd): "... I think that there was a list. Some of them are duplicate talent, which is something you can’t do all the time."

Josh Robbins @JoshuaBRobbins 1 min Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Otis Smith about Dwight's list: “We looked at some. Some we have. Some we don’t. So I’m not necessarily saying that he isn’t accurate. ..."

I honestly can't blame Dwight for his decision, 6 years and Otis could not put a championship title team around him. I would want to move on to better things too.

After Otis blew up our chemistry in 09 its been nothing but downhill from there. After Dwight leaves, Otis needs to follow, I'm tired of his poor management. Hes got to go. Time to load up on picks and young talent and start over.

It sounds to me like every single one of Howard's requests/suggestions were ignored over the past several years. Why the hell are we letting Otis Smith run this team if he's visibly running it into the ground? Why isn't anybody stepping in and stopping this train wreck? That's my question. If Howard leaves (trade or FA) this team is going to suck for many years just like when Shaq left. I don't understand how they can allow this to happen twice.

If you want to live your life kissing everyones ass go for it. Players play and Managers manage. Simple as that. Dwight is not the person who should make decisions. He's a flipping basketball player. WOW he can jump, run and toss a ball. Give me a break. I personally believe that management has done what they could with what they had offered to them. Mistakes are just part of the game. And you can't completely blame management if the players they signed in the past didn't come to play or live up to expectations. I'm talking about Vince Carter, Rashard Lewis, Arenas, and Hedo. Those guys were brought here to accomplish a goal and those players failed on their part. So who's the blame? I guess it's Otis because none of those players are around anymore. So I guess everyone has to point the finger at someone to make things easier on yourself. What a joke.

If you want to live your life kissing everyones ass go for it. Players play and Managers manage. Simple as that. Dwight is not the person who should make decisions. He's a flipping basketball player. WOW he can jump, run and toss a ball. Give me a break. I personally believe that management has done what they could with what they had offered to them. Mistakes are just part of the game. And you can't completely blame management if the players they signed in the past didn't come to play or live up to expectations. I'm talking about Vince Carter, Rashard Lewis, Arenas, and Hedo. Those guys were brought here to accomplish a goal and those players failed on their part. So who's the blame? I guess it's Otis because none of those players are around anymore. So I guess everyone has to point the finger at someone to make things easier on yourself. What a joke.

Skinny....

you keep posting the same BS... but no one buying it. Orlando Magic Management has done everything it could, they cant be blamed for the bad trades? WTF!!!!!

Who's your daddy? Otis?

Skinny....

you keep posting the same BS... but no one buying it. Orlando Magic Management has done everything it could, they cant be blamed for the bad trades? WTF!!!!!

Who's your daddy? Otis?

another stupid talking head... Your not buying it because your oblivious to facts and can't read apparently. I didn't say they can't be blamed at all, I said they can't be blamed entirely for bad trades. There's two sides to trades, team owners and players. It's the players responsibility to perform, thats why they are paid more in a single game than you will ever make in a lifetime. It pisses me off that 90% of professional athletes are just expensive butt cheeks waiting to get kissed.

With that said, there is still fault in Otis for bad decisions. It's just not 100% ...get it now? Or do i have to type in a bigger font?

Yeah, I'm kinda done with Dwight as well. He burned the bridge

Exactly, you didn't see Wade quit on Miami....and you didn't see Dirk quit on Dallas. Whatever happened to commitment. I'm so sick of franchise players leaving the very team that made them who they are today. And it's happening more and more as young talent watch their idols and follow the same steps.

Exactly, you didn't see Wade quit on Miami....and you didn't see Dirk quit on Dallas. Whatever happened to commitment. I'm so sick of franchise players leaving the very team that made them who they are today. And it's happening more and more as young talent watch their idols and follow the same steps.

I feel the same way. Wish howard could of tried this dirk's way.