Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Okay, so you live in a world where Lopez is a major asset, one of the top centers in the game, and on a very attractive contract.

I live in a reality where the Nets are trying to upgrade at the Center position by signing Nene to a pretty hefty contract because he's a considerably better option at the center position than Lopez.

Yahoo NBA Center rankings

3. Brook Lopez(

notes), New Jersey Nets (last year: seventh)

How can the best player on a 70-loss team be ranked in the top three at his position? Well, the team stunk. Last year's Nets were really, truly awful.

Lopez was not. He still remains really, truly underrated. He's not a stat hound, he doesn't do anything at the expense of winning and he just piles up the points and rebounds. He averaged 18.8 points and 8.6 rebounds last season with 1.7 blocks and 2.3 assists, and I'd really like the Nets to add 30 wins to last season's totals so people would stop looking at this 22-year-old with such a jaundiced eye.

CBS center rankings: Brook ranked fourth

Hollinger: Brooke Lopez ranked 7th

Lopez is one of the top centers in the game. But it's up for discussion. What I can't get over is your condescending "reality" drivel.

On what planet?

SB nation interview with Denver Nuggets blogger.

NT: Power forward is Nene's original position.

Source.

Planets, realities....

That yahoo ranking is from 2010.

Here are Brook Lopez's stats. What changed from 2010 to 2011 that makes him that much less valuable?

The NBA is so lopsided it's just beyond ridiculous, thank god for the NFL's structure

God stop whining. You see this all the time. Why don't we change the NBA season to 16 games and have a one and done playoffs? That'll insure a new champion every year. I mean I hate that the Lakers got Paul and might get Howard too but god are NBA fans whiny. It's always conspiracies or something's fixed or Stern this or Stern that. Sometimes I wonder why people watch something they so clearly hate.

Call me crazy, but unlike Lavar, I do believe our starting center should average more than 6 rebounds a game. Christ, even below average centers grab more rebounds a game than that.

I did state he should ave more rebound. it was one of the first things i said. Overall, I just believe he is a good asset because of his age, position, and scoring. It would be better to get lopez, picks, and cap, than nothing at all. In addition, I stated i would do this only at the trading dead line as a last option.

NBA commissioner David Stern has killed the New Orleans Hornets’ trade of Chris Paul after several owners complained about the league-owned team dealing the All-Star point guard to the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Some owners pushed Stern to demand that trade be nullified, and the Hornets be made to keep Paul on the roster for the foreseeable future, sources said. A chorus of owners were irate with the belief that the five-month lockout had happened largely to stop big-market teams from leveraging small-market teams for star players pending free agency.

All the players involved in the trade have been told to report to their teams for the start of training camp on Friday.

Before Stern intervened, the Lakers had reached an agreement to acquire Paul in a three-team trade that would have

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

There is new life for the magic... Otis, go get paul please... thx you

Yahoo NBA Center rankings

CBS center rankings: Brook ranked fourth

Hollinger: Brooke Lopez ranked 7th

Lopez is one of the top centers in the game. But it's up for discussion. What I can't get over is your condescending "reality" drivel.

That reality comment wasn't condescending, but I can understand it's being taken that way if you haven't, at least, taken intro to psychology. Perception is reality. Therefore, my perception, to me, is reality, everyone else is "in their own world". Besides, all those ranking s are over rating offense versus defense. Can you honestly tell me you would take Lopez as a top center is you were drafting a new NBA team?

That reality comment wasn't condescending, but I can understand it's being taken that way if you haven't, at least, taken intro to psychology. Perception is reality. Therefore, my perception, to me, is reality, everyone else is "in their own world". Besides, all those ranking s are over rating offense versus defense. Can you honestly tell me you would take Lopez as a top center is you were drafting a new NBA team?

how many good centers are there in the NBA? That is the reality of the question you should be asking yourself. Give me 10 centers better then Lopez. I really want to hear your thoughts.