AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Do the Nets think they actually stand a chance of signing him? Billups would surely not be so stupid as to believe he can win a championship in NJ without Dwight being there and since Orlando is not trading them to give them Dwight...why would he sign there when there are two perfectly stable Eastern Conference teams with championship futures ahead of them looking to get him. No, Billups will sign with the Magic or Heat. New Jersey is seriously getting on my nerves.

They can get him with a wire claim.....

Has Billups even mentioned teams he'd like to go to? Would the Lakers not have just as much a chance of getting him as the Heat? If I were Billups I'd much rather play with Kobe and some bigs than just basically pass the ball to James and Wade immediately and never get it back. Just sayin...

Per Chris Tomasson:

"Bosh, House call for Billups to come to Miami and even Chalmers would welcome it. At Fox Sports Florida: http://bit.ly/tahR10"

It'd take a lot of Dwight's convincing to get Billups here. Geeze. Not completely out of the realm of possibility, but it'll be interesting to see if he can do it.

Billups will almost play no minutes behind Deron

Think he would retire rather than go there. He gets his money regardless so why sit on the bench of a losing team?

I Doubt Nets will pay 14 milli a year for billups Did you not hear their owner wants to run for president

They wouldn't have to pay him 14m a year.

Claiming a player off the waiver wire means you get them at a dictated price, provided no other team outbids you. You pay whatever your offer was, and the remaining salary is paid by the team that waived them.

I Doubt Nets will pay 14 milli a year for billups Did you not hear their owner wants to run for president

Quietly posted that story a few pages back.

That's a pretty big deal. Worldwide story. If he's truly mounting a challenge against Putin, the Nets are way on the back burner. It could just be political cover though.

They would only be paying a portion of that not the whole thing.

And it's been reported that a couple of team would put in a claim for Billups just so he won't end up in Miami so I kinda doubt he will not be claimed on waivers.

They wouldn't have to pay him 14m a year.

Claiming a player off the waiver wire means you get them at a dictated price, provided no other team outbids you. You pay whatever your offer was, and the remaining salary is paid by the team that waived them.

O k thanks for clearing that up

Just an hour and fifteen minutes till he goes off waiver and we have heard no news of anyone laying claim to him yet? Maybe he passes through and the magic offer him a nice chunk of money to play in Orlando?