AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Billups? idk

well if meer gets injured/misses a few games i'd rather have billups. Call me crazy but I don't think Duhon is THAT bad.

You're crazy.

Even at his age he is still a huge upgrade over Duhon and his leadership would be huge to this team.

Billups is pretty obtainable. Plus, I think he would want to come here to Orlando instead of South Beach, but maybe I'm being optimistic. I think that if Dwight asked him to come personally, I think he would feel thankful that someone actually "wants" him. Plus, Chauncey is still a pretty good passer/scorer. Would be a strong choice as a backup pg or even a starter.

I highly doubt no one claims him on waivers though even with his threatening comments.

Can't we claim him off of waivers? We are under the cap now, so I think we could roll the dice...

Watching the Dwight Howard interview with NBA TV he done today I really see a guy that wants to stay and that is hurt by the way things are going. I can understand that he wants to win and as long as he thinks that moves are being made in the right direction he will stay. If one of his demands is that Otis be fired managment would be stupid to not make it happen. Players like Dwight are once in a life time players.

If Dwight asks him to come then I think he will. However, if Dwight just expects management to get him without Dwight doing any recruiting then he is ridiculous. Billups would go to Miami first.

Could this be a smokescreen? I mean holy crap.

Could this ("i'm gonna be involved or i'm out") attitude be the follow-up of the statement "making orlando the best place to play" after the Atlanta series?

Like "players, come onboard to ORL with me, I'm the boss" ?

If it is,

1. Dwight wants Stan out, period. This "I like Gilbert" thing was right up Stan's alley.

2. the management should have Dwight committing to each trade he asks, no more hiding behind Otis (ie Hedo back, Marc out).

You want Billups? I sign him, you go public and approve.-

If it's so, things can be salvaged.

Naturally, he may just be pulling our leg until the 72h trade to the Nets. :beatcomp: