2003 2 players DWade Lebron Anthony

2004 Dwight Howard,

2005 Deron Williams Chris Paul

2006 Brandon Roy

2007 Kevin Durant

2008 Derrick Rose

2009 Blake Griffin

2010 John Wall

You can build a team around every single one of these guys (Brandon Roy if he was healthy)

Those guys are extremely high picks, and while we've had good luck with number one picks in the past, I wouldn't count on it.

2003 2 players DWade Lebron Anthony

2004 Dwight Howard,

2005 Deron Williams Chris Paul

2006 Brandon Roy

2007 Kevin Durant

2008 Derrick Rose

2009 Blake Griffin

2010 John Wall

You can build a team around every single one of these guys (Brandon Roy if he was healthy)

Not gonna get into pissing match over this, but Howard and Lebron aren't in the same class as the Roy, Wall's, Anthony's, Dwill's of the league. It's not even arguable.

There's good players, there's superstars, and then there are phenoms.

Not gonna get into pissing match over this, but Howard and Lebron aren't in the same class as the Roy, Wall's, Anthony's, Dwill's of the league. It's not even arguable.

There's good players, there's superstars, and then there are phenoms.

Dwight and LeBron have a long ways to go before they're phenoms, IMO. Both definitely can achieve it, but being a phenom is more than just being physically gifted. Neither have the mindset, but sometimes that comes with age and maturity.

Now if you were to call them physical freaks that are almost once a generation, you can't argue that.

CP3 for Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu and Minny pick seems to be in closing stages.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers-20111212,0,2925892.story

Should be a legit clippers team if stern allows it.

Such a weird "if" we have to attach to trades now. How Stern could justify the above trade over the one they had in place (plus sending him to the exact same city)?

Such a weird "if" we have to attach to trades now. How Stern could justify the above trade over the one they had in place (plus sending him to the exact same city)?

That should turn out to be a high draft pick and Bledsoe and Aminu are both very young. I don't think it'll help the hornets sell tickets this year, but if they can get a top pick in a deep draft, they should have something to be excited about after this season.

The Minnesota pick and the fact that they are not committing to salary for long term is what is more appealing. I think this deal has a chance to go through. A very big chance if it's true.

That should turn out to be a high draft pick and Bledsoe and Aminu are both very young. I don't think it'll help the hornets sell tickets this year, but if they can get a top pick in a deep draft, they should have something to be excited about after this season.

They already sold 10k season tickets, so I'm guessing that would be ok.

When Stern rejected it the first time he told Dell Demps that if they were going to trade Paul they had to bring in young talent and draft picks. Scola, Martin, Odom and Dragic were no where close to young talent. When it was rejected the second time Stern gave those same reasons. Bledsoe, Aminu and the Minny pick satisfy what Stern wanted New Orleans to get back in exchange for Paul.

I personally think the Clippers made a big mistake in going through with this. Bledsoe and Aminu were young up and coming guys. The Minny pick should be a top 5 pick in a very stacked draft class. The Clippers also would of had a lot of cap room heading into 2012 free agency.

N.O. is getting the best possible deal they could have gotten. They are taking on no bad contracts with the players they are bringing in except Kaman who is gone at the end of the year anyways. Bledsoe and Aminu can definitely develop into good players for them. N.O. is definitely headed towards the lottery on their own plus they now get Minny's unprotected. They are potentially looking at two top 5 draft picks in the best draft class since 03. Good for them...unfortunate for us.

Now we have to get Iggy!

When Stern rejected it the first time he told Dell Demps that if they were going to trade Paul they had to bring in young talent and draft picks. Scola, Martin, Odom and Dragic were no where close to young talent. When it was rejected the second time Stern gave those same reasons. Bledsoe, Aminu and the Minny pick satisfy what Stern wanted New Orleans to get back in exchange for Paul.

I personally think the Clippers made a big mistake in going through with this. Bledsoe and Aminu were young up and coming guys. The Minny pick should be a top 5 pick in a very stacked draft class. The Clippers also would of had a lot of cap room heading into 2012 free agency.

N.O. is getting the best possible deal they could have gotten. They are taking on no bad contracts with the players they are bringing in except Kaman who is gone at the end of the year anyways. Bledsoe and Aminu can definitely develop into good players for them. N.O. is definitely headed towards the lottery on their own plus they now get Minny's unprotected. They are potentially looking at two top 5 draft picks in the best draft class since 03. Good for them...unfortunate for us.

Now we have to get Iggy!

I agree with what you said except that I don't think Clippers made any mistake with this trade. When you are trying to contend you make deals like that for your team because you don't have endless time for some players to develop when you have a superstar in Blake Griffin that might leave if the development of these players don't go as planned. Chris Paul is a proven player.

Besides Minnesota might win a lot more games then you think they will because A) they have a deep team with lots of bigs and are really young. They also have Rick Adelman who's a fantastic coach. Don't assume that the Minnesota pick will even be in the top 5.

I agree with what you said except that I don't think Clippers made any mistake with this trade. When you are trying to contend you make deals like that for your team because you don't have endless time for some players to develop when you have a superstar in Blake Griffin that might leave if the development of these players don't go as planned. Chris Paul is a proven player.

Besides Minnesota might win a lot more games then you think they will because A) they have a deep team with lots of bigs and are really young. They also have Rick Adelman who's a fantastic coach. Don't assume that the Minnesota pick will even be in the top 5.

You know I feel kind of dumb now. I totally forgot about the Clippers picking up Caron Butler in free agency. Clippers will have a starting 5 of CP3, Gordon, Butler, Griffin and Jordan. That is a pretty darn good starting 5. What a great trade for both sides.