AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Well from what I can remember, only the teams under the cap can bid on players who have been amneistied. So that takes Miami out of the process. But from what I understand, he and RIP have lost a lot of that fire since their Championship days!

What is the status of Lewis, I would love to have that guy on the cheep Vets Minimum, we would be long and dangerous again!!

If they clear the amnesty waver wire, they become free agents. Teams don't HAVE to bid on them just because they got amnestied.

Rip on the team been we have to SG that cant defend anyone at the there positon.... I think have JJ being like that is enough...

I have no idea what you're trying to tell me...

Any word on EClark?

No. Probably won't be until A) he signs elsewhere, or B ) we do our main moves and use whatever is left to sign him for like 2 mil a year or something.

Well from what I can remember, only the teams under the cap can bid on players who have been amneistied. So that takes Miami out of the process. But from what I understand, he and RIP have lost a lot of that fire since their Championship days!

What is the status of Lewis, I would love to have that guy on the cheep Vets Minimum, we would be long and dangerous again!!

I think a lot of that was 1) championship burnout - those guys played a LOT of postseason games: that wears on you; 2) bad blood with the coach. Rip was fine for most of the season, they just benched him and disrespected him. Granted, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it, but it seemed like Rip was getting the shaft. Maybe he deserved it? Who knows? But he has a lot of championship experience and I wouldn't mind that on our team.

I agree. I say we bring in the old Magic killers: Rip and Chauncey. Then trade Meer/JJ/Anderson for Iggy/filler. Let's just go all in for a championship now:

Billups

Rip

Iguodala

Big Baby

Howard

That's a nasty starting 5. We can fill out the bench with vets.

LOVE that.

Real bite on defense to that side. Enough scoring too.

Can we afford to sign Chauncey AND Rip as Free Agents? Will be tough as other sides will surely be willing to pay more..