AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

We're not getting CP3, no reason to celebrate anything.

You're right it's doubtful but the good news is, GSW wont offer Curry and Clips won't offer Gordon so both of those teams may pull out of the running, so percentage wise I think our odds are getting better!!!!

smile_creaturedance.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're right it's doubtful but the good news is, GSW wont offer Curry and Clips won't offer Gordon so both of those teams may pull out of the running, so percentage wise I think our odds are getting better!!!!

smile_creaturedance.gif

No, no, the good news is Curry stays with the Warriors, because he is on my fantasy team.

• Upvote 1

KBergCBS Ken Berger Warriors and Clips hard-pressed to give up major asset w/o assurance from CP3 -- which they can't have for 6 months under new rules.

This is exactly what we needed and was our only chance of getting CP3.

This is exactly what we needed and was our only chance of getting CP3.

Regardless of their unwillingness, we sill have no assets to pull off a trade.

If neither team will offer what NOH think he is worth, then the Magic are in a good spot to try and negotiate with Chris to push to be put on the Magic. Some people say we have no assets, but I'm sure there is something we can do to get something done. Maybe a three team trade or a very lucrative deal that seems to just fall into our lap. Chris needs to actually do something...the Clippers are not wanting to give him his full worth and the team that wants him to the fifth power, the Magic, doesn't have a lot of assets to offer, however the Magic still do have some decent pieces just not extremely lucrative ones. We do have a young PF who has a great three game and can rebound decently, a PG with two more years on contract and expires for 8 million(?), a first rounder, and even an owner who is willing to dip into his pockets and add some money to the deal. J.J. can be added into the talks as well, plus we are willing to take their extremely long contract in Okafur. If Paul wants to be a player on the Magic, then he needs to push for a trade to happen.

Sometimes things in the NBA just happen...sometimes the fact that a team does not have assets or rather the assets that you want does not matter. Chris knows the Hornets are going to hurt without him and he is trying to be reasonable, it is why he won't re-sign with some teams, and also because some of the teams that are in trade-talks are not going to actually going to go for a championship which is what he wants. If Paul really wants a championship, he should be pushing NOH to talk to Olrando, and find out what exactly they can do to make the deal a reality. I'm sure Dwight and CP3 want to play together just as much as Deron wants to play with him. So...I guess we play the waiting game to see if CP3 has a back bone to put his foot down and request to be traded to Orlando or if he just lets the Hornets trade him somewhere else. I hope Chris has a backbone because I would love to see him play with Dwight here in Orlando.

Regardless of their unwillingness, we sill have no assets to pull off a trade.

I agree our assets suck but if the GSW rumor had any legs and we could sign and trade J-Rich+filler for Ellis, then we would have Jameer/JJ/Ellis/Anderson to offer NOH which isn't bad.

Again doubtful but if the other teams drop out of the running they we might have a chance.

EDIT: and remember BVW said teams love our assets!!!! smile_shardhappy.png

I agree our assets suck but if the GSW rumor had any legs and we could sign and trade J-Rich+filler for Ellis, then we would have Jameer/JJ/Ellis/Anderson to offer NOH which isn't bad.

Again doubtful but if the other teams drop out of the running they we might have a chance.

EDIT: and remember BVW said teams love our assets!!!! smile_shardhappy.png

Or just make it a 3 team trade.... If that would be legal

What are the chances that NOH doesn't do a deal? They may see our assets the same way we see Laker's.

They might just let him walk if they can't get a deal they like.

If it becomes a stalemate, with GS and LA refusing to offer Curry/Gordon then I can see us having a pretty good shot. How many other teams would Paul agree to re-sign with that also have the assets to pull it off? I don't think there are many.

Lakers and Celtics are the only other teams I have heard of that want Paul.

IMO we have a better chance at Paul than the Lakers and Paul already said he won't re-sign with the Celtics if they trade for him.

What are the chances that NOH doesn't do a deal? They may see our assets the same way we see Laker's.

They might just let him walk if they can't get a deal they like.

I read somewhere today that Paul WILL NOT be part of the Hornets this season. He has played his last game for the Hornets. Might be traded this weekend.