AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

The Nets have agreed to terms with free agent guard DeShawn Stevenson and expect to sign him today according to a person with an understanding of the team's plans. .... Terms of the deal were not immediately available, but it is presumed the 6-5, 11-year veteran signed a one-year contract.

Without a doubt in my mind, Chris Duhon is the absolute worst player in the whole league. Possibly including the WNBA and D-League.

I said this last season. I literally wrote "There is nothing that Duhon can be good at on a basketball court". He is probably the Least Valuable Player in the League.

Free agent Chuck Hayes, whose four-year deal with the Kings was voided after he failed the team's physical, has been absolved of any heart issues by the renowned Cleveland Clinic, his agents said Thursday.

Hayes underwent "a full day of exhaustive testing and exams" Wednesday, directed by Dr. Steven Nissen, the chairman of cardiovascular medicine at the Cleveland Clinic, according to a statement released by agent Calvin Andrews of BDA Sports. On Thursday morning, doctors informed Hayes that "he does not have a heart problem" and that "their recommendation is that he can continue to play basketball without any concerns," the statement said.

"I am happy to say I have a healthy heart and have been cleared to play immediately," Hayes said. "I look forward to getting back on the court as soon as possible."

Sign him!!!!!

If stan is really as good as a coach as people believe I hope he gets the team to push the ball on offense and stop running a half court set. It's pretty obvious that when we play fast paced were 1 of the best teams in the league. The defense doesn't have time to double Dwight and it gets our other guys involved. Just my thoughts on a slow Thursday.

Funny or not, das jus rude

Back to the subject, Dudu is terrible and needs to be cut way before Wafer, Hughes, Liggins, or Harper.

Why cut him? So we can still pay him and he can sign with another team? We keep him so when we have to trade Dwight he is in the deal and we don't pay him anything, not really a hard concept.

• Upvote 1

Dress Ewing!

Btw... is Jarrod talking about a trade by the Magic or some other team?

Can't be us, we seem set...

I would DEFINITELY take the Chuck-Wagon for the MLE, but that's me being me.

You want to give the MLE to Chuck Hayes? Just because you have the MLE doesn't mean you just throw it away which is exactly what we would be doing. Big Baby is a more capable backup center than Hayes and paying him the MLE is stupid, well Otis might do it. Are you Otis?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dress Ewing!

Btw... is Jarrod talking about a trade by the Magic or some other team?

Can't be us, we seem set...

From what he wrote it sounds like he's talking about the Magic.

You want to give the MLE to Chuck Hayes? Just because you have the MLE doesn't mean you just throw it away which is exactly what we would be doing. Big Baby is a more capable backup center than Hayes and paying him the MLE is stupid, well Otis might do it. Are you Otis?

well, I didn't mean throw the whole MLE at the guy, but OK I'll take the hit on that one. Have you watched Hayes play the 5 position over the last 2 seasons? He's done a remarkable job holding opposing 5's to relatively pedestrian numbers. Hayes would make a much better spell 5 man than Baby based of statistical evidence alone. Have you considered Hayes' DWS or DRTG against centers? He's superior to Marcin Gortat in these areas and a lot of people, including myself, saw Gortat as a quality defensive stop-gap for Howard. If we were able to sign Hayes to a 2 year deal with a portion of the MLE I would be elated.

• Upvote 1