AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Rashard Lewis in the starting line up for the Washington Wizards now, game about to start.

I really do wish that guy the best: I just think that massive contract was an anchor he couldn't get off his neck - it just dragged him down, as there was no way he'd ever live up to it.

Met him a few times when he was out here in Seattle, and he was a really good guy. Good basketball player, too, but not "max contract" good.

Ah well, hope the Bullets (I'll never call them the "wizards") are better this year. Well, not better than us.

I really do wish that guy the best: I just think that massive contract was an anchor he couldn't get off his neck - it just dragged him down, as there was no way he'd ever live up to it.

Met him a few times when he was out here in Seattle, and he was a really good guy. Good basketball player, too, but not "max contract" good.

Ah well, hope the Bullets (I'll never call them the "wizards") are better this year. Well, not better than us.

I love Rashard but he doesn't have that killer instinct, he has been clutch but he's not a winner or is not a person who cares greatly about it.

He decided not to try out for the USA national basketball team, because he assumed the competition would be hard and he was about to have a baby. You can't fault him for that but it says a lot about who he is. If he was some guy who had unlimited believe in him self he would have accepted the invite to try out for it.

I love Rashard but he doesn't have that killer instinct, he has been clutch but he's not a winner or is not a person who cares greatly about it.

He decided not to try out for the USA national basketball team, because he assumed the competition would be hard and he was about to have a baby. You can't fault him for that but it says a lot about who he is. If he was some guy who had unlimited believe in him self he would have accepted the invite to try out for it.

No argument. And honestly Orlando should have known that: his knickname here in Seattle was "the Quiet Man" and it fit him perfectly. Very good, very versatile player, especially for one who was 6'10, but was not a leader or a game-changer.