AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

This situation with Dwight reminds me a lot of the one the Spurs went through with Tim Duncan. We very nearly signed him away from the Spurs when we got Grant Hill. I seem to remember him being the reason WHY we went after Hill in the first place.

Then he said no, we had this huge pile of money, threw it at some no-name from Toronto...

Funny how things work out. Hoping Dwight does the same as Tim and decides to play out his career in the same jersey. I do agree with him on one point, though: no more weird experiments, we need rosters that can win, players that have won and know how to win, and actually like winning (and playing defense).

As much as I like Otis, all of us know the roster has had some wildly gaping holes the last few years. I mean, last year Dwight couldn't even sit because there was no back-up center. I can kind of understand why he's frustrated.

I agree. We need players that are hungry. That is why I love that addition of Big(skinny) Baby to the team. No one drops that kind of weight if you aren't really committed to getting better. The guy always hustled when he was 290lbs and now he will be able to go even harder.

I will say this about the alleged "list" Dwight has given the FO. While some guys might not fit the philosophy of this team. Dwight has chosen guys that want to win and are willing to put in work to do it. Too often players bust hump to get the big pay day and then put it on cruise control (HEDO) and other guys do it because they can't stand losing. We need players with that warrior mentality on this team. I honestly believe we are only 1-2 more additions away from being a serious contender. If we could just somehow manage to get Iggy from Philly without losing too much we would be able to do a lot of damage in the East.

I'd really like Barnes back. Didn't want him to leave in the first place personally. We've lost too many good wing defenders over the years in the likes of CLee, Pietrus, and Barnes.

Barnes was a good rebounder and rotated decently, but he was by no means a "good wing defender."

• Upvote 1

Also: sweet Christ, the Nets are going to wind up paying 16m a year to a center who doesn't rebound or defend, even though they're already paying 3m a year for Brook Lopez to not rebound or defend.

Holy ****. Just...just holy ****.

Yeah, I found that to be ridiculous too. I don't understand why they are paying him so much.

Edit: And if that is your plan B...what does that say about your organization? You are basically offering a scrub center a max contract. Surely Deron can see where this is going.

Well here it is it works in the trade machine so the money will add up

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d2pjeng

N.O. gets

Nelson

JJ

Anderson

turk

Orton

2012 orl. first and second rounder

2013 orl. first and second rounder

ORL gets

Paul

Ariza

Okafor

If this ever happened I would most likely crap my pants

Any scenario, other than trading Howard, that nets us Chris Paul (at this point) would cause explosive diarrhea for me as well

Yeah, I found that to be ridiculous too. I don't understand why they are paying him so much.

Edit: And if that is your plan B...what does that say about your organization? You are basically offering a scrub center a max contract. Surely Deron can see where this is going.

Nene isn't a scrub. He's slightly above average.

He's a C+/B- center. Yeah, with today's crop of centers, that maybe equals a solid B in most eras, but still. Wow.

Barnes is a free agent again. We could get him cheap and he would bring us some defense on the perimeter.

I'd love to have Barnes back

Edit: I would also welcome back Pietrus or CLee

Well here it is it works in the trade machine so the money will add up

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d2pjeng

N.O. gets

Nelson

JJ

Anderson

turk

Orton

2012 orl. first and second rounder

2013 orl. first and second rounder

ORL gets

Paul

Ariza

Okafor

If this ever happened I would most likely crap my pants

Cavaliers receive the Magic's 2013 second-round pick (Draft Day trade 06-23-11)

Cleveland Cavaliers receive the Magic's 2014 second-round pick (Draft Day trade 06-23-11)

they can't trade their 2013 2nd rounder because they don't have it.

Your all forgetting the key to the Chris Paul deal, our #1 gem, our Toni Kukoc / Arvydas Sabonis. I'm shocked that no one has included this on any trade going to NOLA.....

The rights to........ FRAN!!

Yes Otis, sweeten the pot. Let them have it.

At media day both Dwight and Van Gundy say Turkoglu looks phenomenal. Van Gundy even said Turk has looked better these first 3 practices of camp than he has EVER seem Turk look. He may not blow the doors off but if Van Gundy is willing to say that we may just get something extra out of Turk this year.