AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Maybe it's just because I've been expecting this, but I'm really not that upset. Like Jareth, I actually look forward to seeing what happens in our next chapter. If Dwight sticks around and we don't trade him, it should be super awkward, but as long as he plays hard, I'm down.

Also, I'll totally continue to root for him just like I have every single person that's played for the Magic (I came on the scene post Shaq, not sure if I would have rooted for Shaq). As a fan of basketball, if him and DWill are able team up, it should make for some beautiful basketball.

Also, give the guy a break. I think requesting trades is ridiculous and is really starting to mess up the league worse than flopping has, but the guy worked his *** off for 7 years and nothing says he has to finish where he started. You can't tell me if you had a new job opportunity that made sense for you and was what you wanted to do, you wouldn't take it in a heartbeat. The guy wants to win and we've tried to make the right moves around him, but it's turned out to backfire and we have no flexibility or guarantee that we can get DWill or someone else to come here.

Dwight, like I said, I hate requesting trades, but I still love you and thank you for some amazing memories.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am generally considered a vindictive person, so I would wait just long enough so whatever team he goes to cant give him the biggest contract possible. (there is a specific day he has to be traded by in order to be considered on the team for max contract)

the request was apprently made a couple days ago. if dwight changed his mind since then with the Baby trade, and whatever else were doing, otis is a *****ing *******.

otis if you are *****ing with me im going to kill you

Nets' offer sucks, I don't care what Dwight says, if we have to trade him either trade him for picks and youth (Clippers) or cap space (Mavs)

Well Shaq had the Sentinel to point a finger at as his excuse when he left. It looks like Dwight will be able to point his finger at social media and our "fan base" that has been bashing him over every little rumor that comes out. Way to go guys, way to represent our fan base.

• Upvote 1

Wanna see pictures of me burning my @DwightHoward Magic jersey? #diva #ThoughtYouWereBetterThanThat

2 minutes ago FavoriteReplyDelete

@DwightHoward I hope you're ok with ruining your legacy in this city forever. You gotta do what you gotta do, but you would have ruled Otown

1 minute ago FavoriteRetweetReply

@DwightHoward You are a Coward sir. And to think I actually respected/idolized you. Taking the easy way out. Hope you never win a title

4 minutes ago FavoriteRetweetReply

@DwightHoward i hope you know you wont win in New Jersey either

6 minutes ago FavoriteRetweetReply

@DwightHoward I thought you were smarter than that. LA, Kobe, CP3, the bright lights, Hollywood.....wow.

6 minutes ago FavoriteRetweetReply

is there a link to this?

Well Shaq had the Sentinel to point a finger at as his excuse when he left. It looks like Dwight will be able to point his finger at social media and our "fan base" that has been bashing him over every little rumor that comes out. Way to go guys, way to represent our fan base.

I think it's silly for all parties involved, including Dwight, to use that as an excuse.

We as fans need to **** and just discuss ball, not make this personal. And Dwight needs to grow up and realize he isn't the "nice guy" he wants everyone to believe he is, and that he wants what he wants. It's OK. He's an adult. Don't sit here and play naive.

Reading the comments on this board are quite amusing...... I can smell the hate in the air...... If the man wants out then grant his wish... Just not to NJ.... They have nothing to offer. He'll be a Laker in my opinion and I think they have the most to give back. Bynum coming to Orlando is more then we'll get anywhere else. Blowing up the team completely is ludicrous. Remember guys.... The Magic do still actually have to try and make money... Bynum's in BY FAR the best shape of his young career... He's a top 3 center in the league and we will get some other pieces in any deal we do with the Lakers and possibly a 3rd team. Bynum has injury issues...??? Mostly because of conditioning. He's 10 pounds lighter and his body fat is supposed to be at like 5%. He was already a more polished offensive player then Dwight was in my opinion. He took his off-season conditioning program to heart this year... If we're going to trade Dwight then I want another center coming back in his place. Give me the option of Lopez compared to Bynum and I'll take Bynum in a heartbeat.