AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Did anyone watch the video of Dwight's Q&A with media last night after pratice? The text seemed much worse than what actually came out of his mouth for such. To me it seems like he was happy to back with the guys and at pratice. I thought he handled himself pretty well. Well in my take atleast which means nothing.

By the way, not that it means anything...more or less but, did anybody notice the Ball Cap that Dwight was wearing during his interview read....."ORLANDO!"

Just saying....it wasn't a NYY cap, or a Dodgers Cap, it said OTown!!! Just a thought !

:svgsad:

Big Baby Boston-to-Orlando deal should be finalized w/in several hrs. Glen Davis will have just under $26 mill over 4 yrs

why the **** are we paying bigbaby if were gonna trade dwight? id say hold off on any moves until then. were gonna need a 3rd team to facilitate since none of those teams have anything we want. how bout somethin like this?

d12 to nj

brook lopez to la clips (if d12 isnt a good fit next to griffin then lopez is)

resigned jordan, minnys pick, marshon brooks, and a nj 1st to orl. maybe throw in aminu/bledsoe or get rid of turk in the process.

its tough bc nj doesnt have **** to work with and the clips wont throw as much our way bc theyre not gettin dwight but its by far better than anything the mavs or god forbid lakers can give us. i just want that minny pick so i can at least look forward to the draft

why the **** are we paying bigbaby if were gonna trade dwight? id say hold off on any moves until then. were gonna need a 3rd team to facilitate since none of those teams have anything we want. how bout somethin like this?

d12 to nj

brook lopez to la clips (if d12 isnt a good fit next to griffin then lopez is)

resigned jordan, minnys pick, marshon brooks, and a nj 1st to orl. maybe throw in aminu/bledsoe or get rid of turk in the process.

its tough bc nj doesnt have **** to work with and the clips wont throw as much our way bc theyre not gettin dwight but its by far better than anything the mavs or god forbid lakers can give us. i just want that minny pick so i can at least look forward to the draft

Not sure if this could happen exactly but I like the way you are thinking. There has to be a young stud somewhere in that trade and Minny's pick should be one.

Not sure if this could happen exactly but I like the way you are thinking. There has to be a young stud somewhere in that trade and Minny's pick should be one.

Glen Davis

Sigh

By the way, not that it means anything...more or less but, did anybody notice the Ball Cap that Dwight was wearing during his interview read....."ORLANDO!"

Just saying....it wasn't a NYY cap, or a Dodgers Cap, it said OTown!!! Just a thought !

:svgsad:

He may be immature but he isn't that stupid to where a hat with a different city.

Great point here Marc, it is very easy to forget that this is not unusual for teams to give players agents permission to talk to other teams. In fact it is to everyones benefit that they get it out of the way in order to move forward. Just think Tim Duncan a few years back, he went visiting and decided to stay in S.A. There are many others in fact who have done the same, but most notably Tim Duncan comes to the forefront.

Huh? Tim Duncan did it in the offseason as a unrestricted Fa, Dwight is doing before the season starts with a whole year left. These situations are nothing like the same and it's becoming clear the character and values of these two players aren't close either.

I just saw Broussard on ESPN. He says that Howard sings a different tune everyday. One day he wants to stay, another he wants to go. Howard has not made up his mind. He also said that the talks with LAL have fizzled because Otis wants both Bynum AND Gasol, not just one. Since Gasol is part of the CP3 deal then that deal is not likely.

If this is true, Otis's plan is the team to be mediocre for the next few years and be an 5th - 8th seed that could possibly upset someone. To the owners, some playoff money is better than none. This seems to be the case with RDV.

I like what MJ did with the Bobcats. He got rid of Wallace and Jackson to make sure he has a better chance at a great lottery pick. "I don't want us to be the 8th seed".

At this point in time we just need to hope the Nets give Nene that close to max deal and that the Lakers get CP3 and give up Bynum and picks this time. As far as the Mavs, what the heck do they even have outside of Dirk? And the Clippers won't go after Dwight because there is no way he will re-sign with them.

We need so many things to go our way smile_svgsad.png