Sign in to follow this  
Erik

Shawn Marion to Orlando?

quote:
Originally posted by Courtskils:

Anyone who would rather keep Ariza over Marion is crazy. They are not in the same league. I think Marion is the type of player that fits in great with any team because he does not need the ball to make an impact. His salary is a little bloated to warrant a trade and I don't think he would put the Magic over the hump. If the Magic went the Marion route, I could see a trade of Turk and Ariza for Marion (magic absorb the extra cap hit) and then Darko Sign and trade for someone like Pietrus and Patrick O'Bryant.

That is a crazy scenario and would bank of the Magic getting someone like Joe Smith or McDyess to finalize the front line.

Howard, Battie

Smith, O'Bryant

Marion, Hill

Pietrus, Redick

Nelson, Dooling, Arroyo

Not bad Courtskils,I just don't like the idea of giving up ariza and Turk for marion,I think it can be done with ariza or turk.,and battie,maybe bogans,and future pick

Would it be possible to sign Vince Carter getting his $10-12 million and then sign and trade Darko for Marion? Only bad thing about that is that Shawn Marion will become a free agent next summer and could we afford him!

Man, I like Darko but who the heck would trade Marion for Darko? Sounds better than the whole Carter thing though.. We don't usually make out with a lead sg scoring offense just look at what has happened with T-Mac and Francis. Maybe with a different supporting cast though.

Marion would be a great fit. Heres some info on the Sun's keeping Marion though

"How do you get better by trading Shawn?"

- D'Antoni, May 20, 2007

Astute statements. Let's hope Suns management takes its own advice.

Trade Shawn Marion? Are you kidding me?

Trade Marion, and an anxious Suns fan base will spend the next five years wondering, "What if?" What if a team that had its mojo messed with in the postseason by the NBA office stayed together and made a title run in 2007-08?

Aren't you dying to see what Amar

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

If we got Marion we'd still have no outside shooting on the floor to create space for D12. He plays small forward so we still would not have addressed our primary concern of getting a sg. Now if we got Marion and a Vince, Lewis or Wallace then I am all for that. Not sure if it would be possible.

we have a shooting guard and his first name starts with a J and ends with an J, did you even watch any games? our primary concern is point guard then small foward, Jameer no better than Raefor Alston and thats not a good thing and even Raefor can hit 3 pts consistently unlike Jameer

Ok here's the deal,Magic sign and trade Hill,Turk,Garrity, for Marion. Then we trade Carlos,and a future conditional first to G. State for Pitrus. Starting lineup-Nelson,Pitrus,Marion,Milicic,Howard.

That would be sick..I would almost rather start JJ and trade for a PG like Mo Williams (sign and trade Mo for Arroyo).

Marion to me addresses a ton of needs at once for the Magic. Our perimeter D was really one of our biggest weaknesses to be honest. People just focus on 3 balls...well we drafted JJ for that.

Marion is one of those guys who brings the D and can match up against alot of different guys and positions, He can be shuffled on the offensive end as well.. he has that in between height and is athletic enough to merrit him playing 2 different positions...

I remeber goin to a game and sittin right behind the board and he RIPPED us a new one ALL game....

My only knock on the guy is that, in one of those bad tattoo decisions, he went out and got some Japanese lettering tatoo'ed down his leg..

He thought it said "the matrix"

but come to find out , he is now emblazoned with "demon bird moth balls" on his leg for life.

reminds me of this gem of an office prank, a bit of a read, but a classic chinese tattoo story!

great tatoo prank

quote:
Originally posted by The Dude Abides:

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

Dude your trippin man!

Even If I were, it doesnt mean that it isnt true...

View and read the story of "the Demon Bird Moth Balls" for yourself. I guess maybe they are making it up, but its on his wiki page as well..

No krap,I thought you were joken,your still trippin though.