Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part VI: Return of the Lockout

imagine if our players trained at MMA camps or went through that level of training during the offseason. We'd be pretty intimidating with the level of intensity and conditioning of our players. I mean, they'd be a lot more efficient in their movement on the court, and we could execute plays smoother than most teams

Yes, I know all the reasons why these trades would be unlikely but lets face it Kidd is old and needs to replaced sometime and the kittens need to make way for Mr. Overrated. ATL well I dunno why they would do it but I have seen the idea posted b4 and it would be great to see done.

Two trades, first is:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3ecd4yo

Second is:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3v8cz2t

that would be pretty beast if u ask me

Yes, I know all the reasons why these trades would be unlikely but lets face it Kidd is old and needs to replaced sometime and the kittens need to make way for Mr. Overrated. ATL well I dunno why they would do it but I have seen the idea posted b4 and it would be great to see done.

Two trades, first is:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3ecd4yo

Second is:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3v8cz2t

that would be pretty beast if u ask me

1. Screw you for thinking Kemba is overrated

2. Why the heck would dallas trade for a point guard when they have Terry, Barea, Rodrigue, and dominique jones all who can play point.

I got a good laugh today. A Magic season ticket rep called me today wondering if I would commit to buying season tickets again this season. That is one job I wouldnt want right now...right up there with sanitation engineer.

• Upvote 3

I got a good laugh today. A Magic season ticket rep called me today wondering if I would commit to buying season tickets again this season. That is one job I wouldnt want right now...right up there with sanitation engineer.

Sanitation engineers make a crap ton of money right out of college. But it's also a stressful job with long hours.

The players' union and owners met for four hours on Tuesday, but made little to no progress in negotiations, meaning the rest of the preseason will likely be canceled, and that the start of the NBA regular season is now in serious jeopardy.

The start of the season appears to be very much in doubt, as no future meetings have been scheduled at this point. The owners agreed to go from getting 46 percent of basketball related income to 47 percent, while the players want no less than 53 percent. In other words, they're still miles apart. Paychecks for players will start being missed on Nov. 15, and union decertification could be the next step in this process. Add in the fact that Billy Hunter and Derek Fisher said the next meeting could happen "a month from now," and this news is downright depressing.

sad-cat.jpg

If you're going to quote something like that, you should cite your source.

And by most accounts, the owners offered 50/50 or 49/51, not 53/47.

I watched the press conference with Stern yesterday and he was a bit misleading. 53/47 was the sticking point, with the players wanting 53, and the owners wanting them at 47, Stern said that a "small group" discussed a 50/50 offering and that he was prepared to talk to the owners as a whole and confident that he could get them to agree, but the players said no before he could do that.

The two sides, in what Stern called a "very very small group," discussed whether a 50-50 split of basketball-related income was possible -- and that if so, both sides would go back to their constituencies with that plan.

"While we were in the process of doing that ... we were advised by the players that that would not be acceptable to them," Stern said Tuesday. "At that point it didn't seem to make a lot of sense to continue."

Would the owners have accepted a 50-50 split? "Adam and I felt comfortable and confident we could report to the players we could move to the next subject," Stern said.

"I was shocked (the players) didn't go for 50-50," a source on the owners' side told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard. "That was a gutsy move on the part of the players."

But sources told Broussard that Stern, Silver and San Antonio Spurs owner Peter Holt, in a small-group meeting with Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Derek Fisher and union lawyer Jeffrey Kessler -- really offered the players 49 percent of BRI, with the understanding that it would actually become 51 percent based on incentives related to the projected growth of the league.

The players countered by asking for 51 percent, which would increase to 53 percent based on those same incentives. The owners rejected that.

After making concessions on basketball revenue, the players entered the last several negotiating sessions looking for the owners to do the same.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7059973/nba-labor-owners-players-remain-far-apart-derek-fisher-says

Players are going to hurt themselves.

There needs to be a cap.

There should be a Carmelo rule.

50/50 Split is good enough Considering the Salary and Sport you play.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

well, there is a last ditch effort with a meeting tonight in New York before the league cancels the first two weeks. What do you guys think, will it get done? It seems the gap has closed between the two sides.

oh, and just win baby! rip al davis.