Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part VI: Return of the Lockout

For those with ESPN insider there's an article about what is the best destination for CP3, Deron Williams, and unfortunately Dwight Howard on it

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/news/story?id=6715287&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d6715287

Of course ***hole Ric Bucher thinks the best place for Dwight is in New Jersey and that's the only part of the article that shows for people without insider.

If someone with ESPN insider could let me know about the rest it would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, I can see Dwight going to New Jersey. Especially if Deron Williams stays.

Unfortunately, I can see Dwight going to New Jersey. Especially if Deron Williams stays.

That is a BIG "if". But I agree. If the Nets convince Deron to re-sign, that is like bait in the water to lure stars to the franchise. With the influence of Jay-Z, the Brooklyn move, and cap space, the Nets are a very appealing team for FAs.

The key for NJ is to keep Scott McKnight; seems like he and Dwight are way tight.

But seriously, NJ has to be loving their situation right now and the possibility of teaming DWill and Dwight.

Why would he play overseas? We need him to rehab.

You missed my sarcasm, MP. If Gil did play overseas (doubt any team would want him) and if he did get hurt, I believe we'd be off the hook for his salary.

I'm actually almost convinced Dwight's going to whatever team can afford him and either CP3/DWill, which is why I want management to blow up the team so badly.

You missed my sarcasm, MP. If Gil did play overseas (doubt any team would want him) and if he did get hurt, I believe we'd be off the hook for his salary.

Wow, never thought of that. Maybe he'd fake an injury like he did in DC muahaha

Why would we be off the hook for his guaranteed contract?

Why would we be off the hook for his guaranteed contract?

The guaranteed NBA money Williams is owed by the Nets -- nearly $34 million if Williams does not opt out of the $17.8 million he's owed in 2012-13 -- would not be protected in the event of injury overseas. That means either Williams or Besiktas will have to make insurance arrangements that protect him against long-term injury.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6745426

I'm actually almost convinced Dwight's going to whatever team can afford him and either CP3/DWill, which is why I want management to blow up the team so badly.

What do you mean by blow up? Clear cap space?