Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part VI: Return of the Lockout

try Saturday night

Well, since this forum is really just me and a whole bunch of Jareth bots, I guess it'll depend, yah?

So wait...

Hypothetically, say SVG wanted to go to a fancy restaurant with say... Gilbert.

You're telling me they're not allowed to meet up, talk, do anything together?

bump

I want this answered

Ugh ESPN. I severely hope this isn't what the lockout stories will consist of. Howard for Bynum straight up? Come on, ESPN...really?

Yeah - commented on that one. This had better not be the theme through the summer.

This new old thread is the epicest of the epic. I can't even say in before the lockout.

Lets bet on a season start date.

How about February 2nd, 2013. The league will finally settle by deciding LeBron should be sent to the Clippers. The Players association votes 359 to 1 to approve the deal. Everyone becomes happy and sings Kumbya.

This new old thread is the epicest of the epic. I can't even say in before the lockout.

Lets bet on a season start date.

How about February 2nd, 2013. The league will finally settle by deciding LeBron should be sent to the Clippers. The Players association votes 359 to 1 to approve the deal. Everyone becomes happy and sings Kumbya.

Correcting the last thread. The real vote would be 347 to 13. Lebron and the current member of the Clippers would vote against the deal.

i don't mind people talking about dwight leaving. that's a possibility. But I'm sick of this LA stuff. Unless Dwight comes out and says "Trade me to LA because I won't play for any other team" they have 0 leverage to bring him there. They don't have a great package to offer us, they don't have any ability to gain cap room unless they are going to start making Gasol for Duncan; Bynum for Jamison; Artest for Kirk Hinrich; and waive Lamar Odom and they would still have $41 million due to four players (essentially they would need to drop 60 million to get to the point where they would be able to sign Dwight). Kobe's corpse is going to get paid 30 million in '13-'14 and that wont help a team win.

i don't mind people talking about dwight leaving. that's a possibility. But I'm sick of this LA stuff. Unless Dwight comes out and says "Trade me to LA because I won't play for any other team" they have 0 leverage to bring him there. They don't have a great package to offer us, they don't have any ability to gain cap room unless they are going to start making Gasol for Duncan; Bynum for Jamison; Artest for Kirk Hinrich; and waive Lamar Odom and they would still have $41 million due to four players (essentially they would need to drop 60 million to get to the point where they would be able to sign Dwight). Kobe's corpse is going to get paid 30 million in '13-'14 and that wont help a team win.

That was about what I said:

The only way this goes down is if Jerry West becomes the GM of the Magic and trades Dwight to the Lakers. And for Bynum? Really?? The 'Man of Glass?' Why would the Magic ever make that trade?

Seriously - you LA fans need to stop this: the only time Dwight will go to LA is when he's dunking over Bynum and his balky knees...

I think the media is trying to get a Lakers vs. Heat showdown in the future...at least some members of the media. I mean, it would be interesting for the general populous of NBA fans. Kobe and Dwight (like Kobe and Shaq) against the "big three" in Miami. They write this stuff without regard to knowledge, insight, or even the perspective from the players involved. They want to make their notion viral, so much so that it actually impacts players' decisions.

Ultimately, the plot will fail. Like H4TW said, unless Dwight claims he wants to be a member of the Lakers, this is absolute garbage. The only reason I'm talking about this is because of the lack of news and the lockout. FTL.

And even then, they won't have the cap space to sign him when he becomes a free agent.

So yeah, Dwight will NEVER be a Laker.