Sign in to follow this  
magicallnighter

Good Health news on Gilbert Arenas

i also want Hakeem, Kareem, David Robinson, prime, etc, doesn't mean I think our C spot is a weakness and that the team can't win with Dwight

i am not going to get into a pissing contest with you over this. the bottom line as i see it is this team needs consistent pg play to be successful at a playoff level. you may see it differently and thats fine but i believe the magic are thinking along the same lines as i am. there are players out there that could make the magic better but getting them is the issue. ask yourself why does everyone want cp3, williams etc.

All he did was point out the gaping holes in your argument. It's not hard to figure out why everyone wants CP3 or Williams. It's the same reason everyone would want Durant, Wade, West etc.

Oh, and the Magic clearly aren't thinking along the same lines as you because all the rumors that we have heard of involves trading Jameer for a player that isn't a point guard which means they would be downgrading the position.

• Upvote 1

i am not going to get into a pissing contest with you over this. the bottom line as i see it is this team needs consistent pg play to be successful at a playoff level. you may see it differently and thats fine but i believe the magic are thinking along the same lines as i am. there are players out there that could make the magic better but getting them is the issue. ask yourself why does everyone want cp3, williams etc.

Since you didn't respond to my points, let me ask you two questions.

You are Otis Smith: Would you trade Jameer for "championship point guard" Derek Fisher?

Do you think having Derek Fisher as point guard instead of Jameer would get us further in the playoffs or would have gotten us further this season?

Pretty sure there has been a mountain of evidence compiled by now that shows you don't need a good point guard to win a championship. Dallas just won one with a 200 year old Jason Kidd and JJ Barea. And they were playing against Mario Chalmers and Mike Bibby. Seriously.

Jameer is better than all four of those guys at this point.

Pretty sure there has been a mountain of evidence compiled by now that shows you don't need a good point guard to win a championship. Dallas just won one with a 200 year old Jason Kidd and JJ Barea. And they were playing against Mario Chalmers and Mike Bibby. Seriously.

Jameer is better than all four of those guys at this point.

Dallas won because they had championship pgs in Jason Kidd and JJ Barea.

That's how it works according to jlj22.

Jason Kidd's and JJ Barea's decision making on offense were critical in that series. If one pass was even picked off, you could almost always expect a fast break from the Heat's frontcourt. They had to change their strategy for other offensive players such as Jason Terry and the point guards themselves.

While Dirk was on the court, he received the ball when he wanted it and where he wanted it almost everytime. Especially on critical possessions. There were many turnovers but when they played in control..it was just a fluid offense.

Jason Kidd's and JJ Barea's decision making on offense were critical in that series. If one pass was even picked off, you could almost always expect a fast break from the Heat's frontcourt. They had to change their strategy for other offensive players such as Jason Terry and the point guards themselves.

While Dirk was on the court, he received the ball when he wanted it and where he wanted it almost everytime. Especially on critical possessions. There were many turnovers but when they played in control..it was just a fluid offense.

I don't know about every time.... i watched that finals like a hawk and i was personally surprised at how many times Jason Kidd phucked up a pass....very uncharacteristic imo but he did make the plays when they needed it

I don't know about every time.... i watched that finals like a hawk and i was personally surprised at how many times Jason Kidd phucked up a pass....very uncharacteristic imo but he did make the plays when they needed it

Well it takes some skill and focus to consistently make good passes against Lebron and Wade.

I agree with O. I would say it's not very easy to just conclude Jameer is better than JJ. JJ's quickness and dribble penetration were a great asset in that series. He made some important plays down the stretch.

Of course, Jameer still has the upper hand in shooting and probably in defense.

With that said, I agree that PG should not be the 1st priority to upgrade.