Sign in to follow this  
magicallnighter

Good Health news on Gilbert Arenas

Crossfit, for those wanting to get lean :shard:

that's ignorant, if you're saying that CF will simply do nothing but make you lean.

CrossFit, for those that want to train many things and are willing to learn new things.

I CrossFit 6 days a week, I only backsquat over 500, I'm really lean.

that's ignorant, if you're saying that CF will simply do nothing but make you lean.

CrossFit, for those that want to train many things and are willing to learn new things.

I CrossFit 6 days a week, I only backsquat over 500, I'm really lean.

Chill buddy. I was slightly joking. Gilbert needs to hit weights.

Gilbert needs to stay away from Five Guys and places like that. You are what you eat, and right now Gilbert is a greasy bag of fries!

Hedo's training regiment obviously includes pizza.

• Upvote 1

Anybody saw the planking pics of Gil and Dwight... I tweeted them for Dwight to put Gil in shape.

He didn't answer.. I wonder why.. lol

The pics are crazy, lol.

Reporting for duty.

dwight-howard.jpg

Didn't last year prove that a defense predicated on everyone on the perimeter letting their man blow by them and expecting Dwight to pick up everyone's slack is a bad idea? A long 2 is the worst shot in basketball. If Gilbert can somehow keep opposing 2s in front of him long enough to tempt them into taking long jumpers; I will live with the results. It's much better than exposing Dwight to foul trouble every game....particularly when we are without a serviceable back-up.

Didn't last year prove that a defense predicated on everyone on the perimeter letting their man blow by them and expecting Dwight to pick up everyone's slack is a bad idea? A long 2 is the worst shot in basketball. If Gilbert can somehow keep opposing 2s in front of him long enough to tempt them into taking long jumpers; I will live with the results. It's much better than exposing Dwight to foul trouble every game....particularly when we are without a serviceable back-up.

I think we will have a backup by the time that danger rolls around. Our lack of big man depth was exposed and Otis shouldn't overlook it with how many cheap bigs we should be able to get through FA.

And Dwight's presence is enough to cause opposing wings to want to shoot the long two. Simply having him on the team increases our perimeter defense in that guys will have second thoughts on driving, and when they do drive, Dwight doesn't even need to go up for the block, but can alter shots without necessarily exposing himself to getting the foul call.

I think we will have a backup by the time that danger rolls around. Our lack of big man depth was exposed and Otis shouldn't overlook it with how many cheap bigs we should be able to get through FA.

And Dwight's presence is enough to cause opposing wings to want to shoot the long two. Simply having him on the team increases our perimeter defense in that guys will have second thoughts on driving, and when they do drive, Dwight doesn't even need to go up for the block, but can alter shots without necessarily exposing himself to getting the foul call.

It sure didn't stop teams from driving last season. Guys were blowing by Magic defenders at an alarming rate. Let's assume Otis does manage to get a decent back-up big....there will still be a significant drop-off from Dwight to the new big man. It's important to keep him on the floor. I'd rather not expose Dwight to the possibility of picking up fouls because our perimeter players are unable to defend, well, anyone. So yeah, I'd prefer to stick with the lesser of the evils and let opposing 2 guards get decent looks from the perimeter.

The whole notion that "Oh, Dwight's got everyone's back" is silly. You guys are forgetting that while Dwight goes far out to help because someone couldn't stay in front of his man, the team becomes vulnerable on the boards (especially if Bass is in the game) as well as Dwight becomes more prone to fouling. Why the heck would you want him to tire him out all game and risk putting him into foul trouble when you can instead stay in front of your man and force him to shoot bad shots? The system to funnel guys into Dwight is a bailout/last resort kind of thing, not a game plan. You force them into Dwight after you've failed staying in front of him, not because you'd have him play D for you. . .