Sign in to follow this  
BMP

Justin Harper

Lewis worked. He averaged 17-18 ppg on great shooting numbers and was an All Star calbier player for a while (he made the All Star team the year we went to the Finals). Unfortunatly he became broken down and is now gone.

The need for a legit starting PF is not a big deal if we can make up for it with great talent at other positions but we really can't. Dwight and Jameer are the only players on our team who are really NBA starters at this point in their careers, that isn't good, at all. But unfortunatly, we are very outmatched at the four compared to the teams we need to beat for a title and we don't have other guys to make up for it.

Correct Lewis was the only one who was effective for us as a PF. But that has alot to do with the system and the roll he was required to play in.

Against the Lakers in the Finals, Lewis had a rough time containing Pau and Odom. The lakers kept on feeding both in the paint against Lewis. Which worked, the matchup was not in favor of Orlando.

So we honestly need a PF who can bang, play D and shoot the 3.

So we honestly need a PF who can bang, play D and shoot the 3.

There's no such PF. . . maybe prime Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan against the Suns

There's no such PF. . . maybe prime Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan against the Suns

Rasheed Wallace.

Rasheed Wallace.

That's One...

Then you have C/PF 's like Memet Okor, Kevin Love, Brian Cardinal (lol.... Thinking off the top of my head)

They are out there but not many.

Rasheed Wallace.

And Horry (kinda). . . but I was thinking about guys currently in the league.

That's One...

Then you have C/PF 's like Memet Okor, Kevin Love, Brian Cardinal (lol.... Thinking off the top of my head)

They are out there but not many.

Not if one of your requirements is playing D.

Dad can D up...

Playing for no more than minutes and throwing out hard fouls is not to same as playing D and "banging", Jareth. . . it's awesome and should've been Malik's role all season long (along with setting awesome moving screens that never get called) but not exactly a guy you'd consider a rotational player.

And Horry (kinda). . . but I was thinking about guys currently in the league.

Not if one of your requirements is playing D.

Since there are no real lockdown PF's in the mold if Garnett, we would just need a PF who can play team D...

Not missing rotations, knowing when Howard is in foul trouble and take the hit, knowing how to call for the rebound without fighting Dwight for it and fumbling it out of bounds, can pick up the weak side defense, can hustle.

Again it's a hard find I know, so that's why I said you can grab a player who might be good at a couple of those, but not all...

You have to pick which quality is going to fit your other players and the system you run

we don't necessarily need a pf who can hit threes, we just need one who has a game on offense outside of the paint

perhaps getting a player like channing frye? averaged 16 points 8 rebounds a block 83% free throws in 32mpg he would be a nice asset to the team.