Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread pt V: The Sentinel Strikes Back (and makes us sad)

That's not what I said. I said the league doing well creates more incentive to get the best deal possible for your side. There is more money now to fight over, which is why it makes sense that things like this tend to happen during good times instead of bad times. Now you're missing my point.

The two sides could agree on the most pitch perfect CBA ever but if they miss a year of work it won't matter. The NBA is has an odd fan base. It's not like the NHL where they know the entire country of Canada and of course the US will tune it. It's not like the NFL where you know everybody will tune right back in.

The NBA has finally come back into the spotlight and still barely gets the notice it probably deserves. You take that away for a year and the people who tuned in to see the Heat (ugh) and watch a hyped up Finals, etc are all going to forget and move on.

• Upvote 2

In my opinion, a prolonged work stoppage will have a terrible effect on the league. With the NFL appearing to be nearing the conclusion of their lockout and college football starting about that time as well, fans will find an alternative to the NBA and some wont be quick to come back. So as an aside what will everyone have to talk about on the site when the lockout happens? And this looks like its gonna be a long lockout...

Seriously, I love pro basketball, but lately, especially the slough of seemingly "Dwight-specific" rules, and uneven calls in general (Wade flops, especially in the finals, were HORRIBLE) are destroying the game and I'm losing my taste for it.

I won't say I won't watch if the league takes a short break, but I won't be an every-day participant like I am now.

....unless the Magic win a championship in the strike year. :D

AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy

Nothing is going to happen before lockout, with Lamar Odom or any player, for that matter. Too much uncertainty for teams to make moves now.

AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy

Nothing is going to happen before lockout, with Lamar Odom or any player, for that matter. Too much uncertainty for teams to make moves now...brb Mom has to use to phone and we're still on dial-up.

tweaked.

• Upvote 1

Idc if we don't get a star, but we definitely need at least one improvement in one position before July 1st.

You know I was expecting Gilbert to come back as slow as he was, but just produce better because of confidence of the starting line up.

But if he actually retains some explosiveness, and even more before the playoffs then I'm strapped in.

Just get rid of Hedo, get a defensive 3 who can shoot threes (preferably not the rookies due to inexperience).

Nelson as 6th man.

Start Ryan or get a better PF somehow, Bass seems to try harder off the bench.

The two sides could agree on the most pitch perfect CBA ever but if they miss a year of work it won't matter. The NBA is has an odd fan base. It's not like the NHL where they know the entire country of Canada and of course the US will tune it. It's not like the NFL where you know everybody will tune right back in.

The NBA has finally come back into the spotlight and still barely gets the notice it probably deserves. You take that away for a year and the people who tuned in to see the Heat (ugh) and watch a hyped up Finals, etc are all going to forget and move on.

None of that is in dispute, but which side is going to be the one to cave in?

Aside from being an idiot, I haven't read much about the particulars of this situation, so I don't know which side stands to hold up better in the event of a lockout. But surely it won't affect both sides equally, and that's where the problem comes in. If the players take a crappy deal to save the season they still lose. I'm sure the same can be said of the owners. A lockout may be bad, but both sides probably see the other side's initial offer as being just as bad if not worse.

It's just an all around ugly situation.

None of that is in dispute, but which side is going to be the one to cave in?

Aside from being an idiot, I haven't read much about the particulars of this situation, so I don't know which side stands to hold up better in the event of a lockout. But surely it won't affect both sides equally, and that's where the problem comes in. If the players take a crappy deal to save the season they still lose. I'm sure the same can be said of the owners. A lockout may be bad, but both sides probably see the other side's initial offer as being just as bad if not worse.

It's just an all around ugly situation.

Basically.

You don't have hope in anything though so...

I have hope in the idea that one day all women will wear glasses and stockings.