Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Offseason Thread Part III: Revenge of the Smith (p.47 post 554)

AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy

The Knicks are talking to a few teams about acquiring a late first-round pick. Multiple sources believe they would target a point guard.

At least you know how to separate his news and opinion. Magic talk is usually news....Marbury comment is his opinion. If he smoking goood **** for that comment then 3/4 of TBN is smoking the same **** for some of these proposed trades and scenarios they dream up.

You're a moron.

Meer wouldn't be worth it IMO anyways. Hope we can get real talent packaging him and bass up.

Yeah, I was just curious to the thought of getting Fields, too. Idk, I'm really bored, watching the Boondock Saints right now

Getting your hopes up leads to disappointment, unfortunately. I don't think we make a move yet. I hope and want us to, but I just have a hunch

Im all for clearing cap space. I got strong feeling Dwight isn't going anywhere. All he has to do is look 300 miles south at Dwyane Wade and ask him how getting knocked out in 1st round last summer felt, then getting Lebron and Bosh due to having crappy team.

We lost this year in 1st round ( unexpectedly ) but having a struggle for one year pays off when u have $ to spend and able to pick up a Free agent to make you contend for 5 years plus.

Im all for clearing cap space. I got strong feeling Dwight isn't going anywhere. All he has to do is look 300 miles south at Dwyane Wade and ask him how getting knocked out in 1st round last summer felt, then getting Lebron and Bosh due to having crappy team.

We lost this year in 1st round ( unexpectedly ) but having a struggle for one year pays off when u have $ to spend and able to pick up a Free agent to make you content for 5 years plus.

But I'm not sure if Dwight can take the stress of tanking a year

But I'm not sure if Dwight can take the stress of tanking a year

its not about tanking... Wade had himself, Beasley and Q rich lol I am suprised they made the playoffs.

We got a better team then that. I feel we make moves to keep us stable and viable all while clearing cap space. I just don't wanna make trades for the sake of making trades and end up looking like the Cavs. Trade Jameer and Turk if we can and we will still make playoffs and see what happens. Will be much better feeling going into next summer with some cap relief if we get knocked out in 1st or 2nd round. Better then the feeling us fans had a month ago. Would be an even worse feeling knowing D12 is free agent and we got no cap space

The problem with the clearing cap space theory is we need to dump a MASSIVE amount of salary in one year to have any shot at a big time FA. Especially with a hard cap coming. That is the kind of thing you need to plan ahead for, start collecting contracts that expire the same year. It's pretty damn close to impossible to dump that amount of money in one year.