Sign in to follow this  
Chase

The Casey Anthony Trial

What's really troubling about it is that the majority of people probably agree with that guy. Outside of this thread, most of what I've heard people talking about is disbelief at how the jury could have come to that decision.

When did we stray so far from what this country is supposed to represent that the complete opposite is now considered not only the right way to do things, but patriotic as well? The concept of being innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers is not some kind of stumbling block standing in the way of real justice. That's a central tenet of what makes the United States a free country. What is wrong with these people?

A lot emotional investment leading to dissonance in their mind. This then leads them to a crossroad: either their thought process (and therefore they) are wrong, or the system/jurors are wrong of the prosecution failed in some way. The easiest way to relieve the dissonance is to blame everyone else. It is very difficult to be introspective and lay bare one's faults to oneself.

Honestly, I think things have gotten a bit easy in our society today, so anything that requires suffering is falling out of vogue, be that actually giving awards to children instead of participation "awards", maintaining frugal spending habits, self control with regard to diet and health, etc. Admitting one's faults causes suffering as well.

I think one major culprit are the parents that started with the baby boomer generation where the goal was always to give a "better life than before" and the parents turned into what are termed helicopter parents, where they hover around their kids all the time and swoop in any moment a difficult arises. It's actually a huge issue in colleges when kids get out on their own and cannot handle life stressors because they have never really had to before.

What's really troubling about it is that the majority of people probably agree with that guy. Outside of this thread, most of what I've heard people talking about is disbelief at how the jury could have come to that decision.

When did we stray so far from what this country is supposed to represent that the complete opposite is now considered not only the right way to do things, but patriotic as well? The concept of being innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers is not some kind of stumbling block standing in the way of real justice. That's a central tenet of what makes the United States a free country. What is wrong with these people?

It's more or less the same thing that happened when that group wanted to build a Muslim community center near the WTC site, and everyone flew off the *****ing handle about it, as though "private property" and "freedom of worship" were just abstract ideas that didn't apply to people doing something they didn't like.

Ultimately, a lot of people have trouble understanding that if the rights you're given as an American aren't applied equally to everyone, then the system doesn't work. Freedom of speech means you can say what you want, yes, but it means that the people you disagree with can as well. Freedom of religion means everyone gets to worship what they want, even if you think they'll burn for it and/or shouldn't be allowed to.

And it means that if everyone is owed due process under the law and is guaranteed a fair trial, that means that a person gets a fair trial, whether they're seemingly obviously guilty or not, because it doesn't matter what everyone believes. It only matters what the prosecution can prove.

It's unfortunate that there are people who don't understand that.

Personally, I am totally disgusted with justice system. My opinion, criminals get too many rights and the victims rights are ignored. For example, when I was 15 years old this guy broke into a home, kidnapped and raped a 8 year old. This guy was convicted and sentenced to death. This guy has had three new trials, and has been sentenced to death 3 times, and some 30 years later, this guy is still on death row. A few years back this older guy went into a Winn Dixie plaza and shot it up. He killed at least 7 people, 3 were cops. The guy was sentenced to death. He stayed on death row for more than 20 years, and died of old age. OJ and Robert Blake were found not guitly despite mountains of evidence. So I am really do not think we have the best justice system. There was evidence that Casey killed Caylee, it was ignored by the jury imo. Look at the interview with juror #3 it was clear she was not playing attention at the trail. Even jury members can cash in this tragedy. One juror said that he would not give an interview unless he was paid. This makes doubt this jury and their true motitvations. Jury that did not take notes as a whole, and only discussed this case for only 10 hours.

Yes, I am angry. I pretty 2 year old is dead and no one is being held responsible. Casey Anthony is a dangerous psychopath and imo will kill again. All I can say, Casey Anthony Karma is a *****.

• Upvote 2

Personally, I am totally disgusted with justice system. My opinion, criminals get too many rights and the victims rights are ignored. For example, when I was 15 years old this guy broke into a home, kidnapped and raped a 8 year old. This guy was convicted and sentenced to death. This guy has had three new trials, and has been sentenced to death 3 times, and some 30 years later, this guy is still on death row. A few years back this older guy went into a Winn Dixie plaza and shot it up. He killed at least 7 people, 3 were cops. The guy was sentenced to death. He stayed on death row for more than 20 years, and died of old age. OJ and Robert Blake were found not guitly despite mountains of evidence. So I am really do not think we have the best justice system. There was evidence that Casey killed Caylee, it was ignored by the jury imo. Look at the interview with juror #3 it was clear she was not playing attention at the trail. Even jury members can cash in this tragedy. One juror said that he would not give an interview unless he was paid. This makes doubt this jury and their true motitvations. Jury that did not take notes as a whole, and only discussed this case for only 10 hours.

Yes, I am angry. I pretty 2 year old is dead and no one is being held responsible. Casey Anthony is a dangerous psychopath and imo will kill again. All I can say, Casey Anthony Karma is a *****.

I think Iran has something more akin to what you're looking for. Maybe China too. You probably don't want to move to either of those places, but if you feel this strongly about this issue I'd encourage you to write your Senator or Congressperson and request that they somehow usurp the United States Constitution so that we might have a judicial system more to your liking.

I think Iran has something more akin to what you're looking for. Maybe China too. You probably don't want to move to either of those places, but if you feel this strongly about this issue I'd encourage you to write your Senator or Congressperson and request that they somehow usurp the United States Constitution so that we might have a judicial system more to your liking.

You do not have a clue as to what I am looking for at all. To say that I want Iran or China justice is just wrong. I answer to God's Laws. I answer to God not the any person on this earth. God's justice system is perfect, and human being system is far from perfect.

Two things:

#1. I'll say it again: I cannot believe this thing went national/global. Good. God.

#2. As someone who's emigrated from a country where people were/are killed through arbitrary rule , words can't express how proud I am to live in a country that employs an actual justice system. Too many people allow emotion to play a large role, and consequently, it ends up outweighing reason.

• Upvote 1

You do not have a clue as to what I am looking for at all. To say that I want Iran or China justice is just wrong. I answer to God's Laws. I answer to God not the any person on this earth. God's justice system is perfect, and human being system is far from perfect.

That's actually exactly how Iran's system works. Their laws come from God too.

• Upvote 2

That's actually exactly how Iran's system works. Their laws come from God too.

I am a Christian not a Muslim. Even though I mentioned death sentences in my prior post, my main point was that the sentences are rarely carried out. Death sentence does not deter crime, and I am against it. My god is about justice and love for all. If I served on a Jury and I was convinced that this person was quitly, I am going to vote for conviction. I am not going to vote for a murderer to walk free.

If I served on a Jury and I was convinced that this person was quitly, I am going to vote for conviction. I am not going to vote for a murderer to walk free.

Isn't that a problem? What makes you think you have all the answers? What makes you think YOU should be allowed to judge whether a person should be alive or not? What makes you think that you should be able to just "vote" people to get killed based on what you THINK and not what you know?

I am a Christian not a Muslim. Even though I mentioned death sentences in my prior post, my main point was that the sentences are rarely carried out. Death sentence does not deter crime, and I am against it. My god is about justice and love for all. If I served on a Jury and I was convinced that this person was quitly, I am going to vote for conviction. I am not going to vote for a murderer to walk free.

You do realize Muslims and Christians worship the same god, right? They just disagree on the details and which people are actually prophets.

Isn't that a problem? What makes you think you have all the answers? What makes you think YOU should be allowed to judge whether a person should be alive or not? What makes you think that you should be able to just "vote" people to get killed based on what you THINK and not what you know?

I just posted that I am against the death sentences, so I am not sure what you are talking about. I would not vote for death because this is a decision for God to make. If I am selected to serve on a jury, that I must listen to the evidence and pray for guidance from God. I am not going to vote to acquit someone because there are OJ or some other high profile case, or to make thousands from TV interviews. You can belittle me all you want to, but I have been on this earth for nearly fifty years. I am solid citizen and honest person. I have not had any trouble with the laws, and I volunteer with different organizations to help the needy.

You do realize Muslims and Christians worship the same god, right? They just disagree on the details and which people are actually prophets.

No, we do not.