Sign in to follow this  
DBLdrbl

Jonny Flynn on the way out?

With Rubio agreeing to come play for the T-Wolves next season Jonny Flynn could be on the block. How good of a fit could he be in Orlando? Although he is not close to the 2 powerhouse point guards often mentioned in fantasy situations, is Flynn a more realistic alternative to Chris Paul or Deron Williams?

Definitely a realistic option for us if he goes on the block, and that's a big "IF". Don't count Rubio coming to the NBA until he actually is in a T Wolves uniform. Flynn hasn't really been able to showcase a whole lot since being drafted, mainly due to injury. If he could stay healthy, which is another big "IF, he could help us out a lot. He's got quite a bit of potential still and we'd be younger, as well as more athletic. I'd say it's worth a shot if no better options come to fruition

If we could get him for cheap then I wouldn't mind having him as a back-up. I really don't want Duhon playing more than garbage minutes. This is all considering Jameer is gone, obviously.

Why would you just trade Jonny Flynn. Flynn and Rubio will battle in training camp for the intercontinental championship belt.

• Upvote 1

nothing is obvious at this point aside from the typical, once someone is rumored to be available, there is a good reason why the Magic should go for him and naturally our trash will get it done.

Of course! The Finals aren't even over so everything at this point is speculation.

The move that we make will come completely out of left field. Half of the fans will be very happy with who we bring in while the other half is complaining that the guy we got is injury prone and too old. Same old song and dance every year

not to mention with Flynn's track record, I'm sure he's exactly the type of player Dwight is referring to when he says he wants the right types around him. Flynn is a proven thoroughbred in the NBA.

True, but we're depleted of any players or pieces another team would find valuable so getting one of the guys he wants for this year is not going to happen.

I like the idea of taking on a couple of big expirings and get in the 2012 Free Agency Sweepstakes. That's our best shot of bringing in CP3 or D Will although we still risk losing Dwight