Sign in to follow this  
BMP

Things you'd like changed

Message Board: Disagree with a post count to start a thread, post count means nothing and wouldn't stop dumb threads from being created. Mods can lock a thread if needed. Something to change? No autoplay, it's annoying and I don't want to worry about whether my speakers are on or not before I open a thread.

NBA: no flopping, no pumping and jumping sideways. It's seriously a disgrace to the game and I can't believe these guys who have received so much from the game of basketball are so willing to literally cheat by trying to fake out the refs. All this crap doesn't work at the college level and there's no reason why it should work in the NBA. Quit calling the crap or set up a system similar to that for techs. You flop too much, you get suspended.

Magic: a taller point guard. It's not his fault, but I get so irritated by the fact that Jameer can't pass the ball to Dwight at the right moment. I want DWill more than anything because he actually has some height. Jameer can score though, no complaint there, love how he drives to hole, when he drives to the hole.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Message Board: Disagree with a post count to start a thread, post count means nothing and wouldn't stop dumb threads from being created. Mods can lock a thread if needed. Something to change? No autoplay, it's annoying and I don't want to worry about whether my speakers are on or not before I open a thread.

Take at the last 10 worthless/locked threads and see how many posts each of the guys that made it has. It doesn't stop dumb threads from ever being created, but it does stop random noobs who have yet to know how the forum works/what people find to be a useful thread from creating threads whenever they want. 100 isn't really high and by the time people post 100 times they should know well enough what's spam and what isn't.

And if you don't like autoplay, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/stop-autoplay/

Take at the last 10 worthless/locked threads and see how many posts each of the guys that made it has. It doesn't stop dumb threads from ever being created, but it does stop random noobs who have yet to know how the forum works/what people find to be a useful thread from creating threads whenever they want. 100 isn't really high and by the time people post 100 times they should know well enough what's spam and what isn't.

And if you don't like autoplay, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/stop-autoplay/

Reasons for post count are unpersuasive. What's the difference between creating a thread that's useless and considered spam and the thousands of posts that are useless and considered spam? You eliminate all the useless/spam posts and there probably won't be that many people in this forum with more than a thousand post count.

I'd rather have a thread that I can quickly identify as useless and totally ignore it than have a thread that I'm actually interested in and have to spend time filtering through all the useless posts and nonsense.

As for autoplay never used firefox and never will.

• Upvote 1

Reasons for post count are unpersuasive. What's the difference between creating a thread that's useless and considered spam and the thousands of posts that are useless and considered spam? You eliminate all the useless/spam posts and there probably won't be that many people in this forum with more than a thousand post count.

It's a huge difference, because most people that make those threads don't post in other threads because it loses the whole "i made a thread, look at me" appeal to it. Not to mention it's a lot easier to skip through a post than it is to open up a thread and find out it's riddled with spam because some idiot decided that "trade dwight for lebron" was a good topic

Orlando Magic-stop playing guys that are hurt and can't perform to NBA level of play, let them heal until they get some game back.

NBA- The dick-tater has said many times he wants to speed up games... stop shooting foul shots and award the team 1 point plus the ball, Techs are 1 point plus the ball, intentional fouls 2 points plus the ball, Flagrants 4 points plus the ball. If you don't get rid of them then have a designated shooter for each team. How many teams would intentionally foul Dwight if JJ shot them?

Major fines for refs making obviously bad calls

Techs for flopping

No salary for injured players that can't play the whole season and let the Millionaires get their own insurance!

If you have to have back to backs then make them against the same team-no travel in between

Orlando Magic-stop playing guys that are hurt and can't perform to NBA level of play, let them heal until they get some game back.

NBA- The dick-tater has said many times he wants to speed up games... stop shooting foul shots and award the team 1 point plus the ball, Techs are 1 point plus the ball, intentional fouls 2 points plus the ball, Flagrants 4 points plus the ball. If you don't get rid of them then have a designated shooter for each team. How many teams would intentionally foul Dwight if JJ shot them?

Major fines for refs making obviously bad calls

Techs for flopping

No salary for injured players that can't play the whole season and let the Millionaires get their own insurance!

If you have to have back to backs then make them against the same team-no travel in between

The whole "point-awarded-for-a-foul" would kinda ruin the excitement in the end of close games IMO

Not to mention it's a lot easier to skip through a post than it is to open up a thread and find out it's riddled with spam because some idiot decided that "trade dwight for lebron" was a good topic

You can spot a nonsense thread by looking at the first post. When a Chicago fan says the best option is to trade Dwight for a package headlined by Joakim Noah, I know that thread is nonsense and I'm done with it. However, if I have a busy day at school or work and can't really follow the board that day, I don't want to come back to the "Could be the end for a lot of guys" thread and have to go through four or five pages of nonsense in order to find some kind of update or useful discussion.

Agree to disagree, but I just think the hundreds of useless/spam posts are a lot more annoying and time consuming than useless/spam threads. Useless/spam threads take hardly any time to identify while useless/spam posts plague the threads that are actually worth while.

• Upvote 1

NBA- Make a ref do a post game interview with video from the game.

Magic- change the contract they gave Lewis. Thats what started this salary mess.

Message boards are cool. I like reading the stuff the people say about worthless threads.

My sig- just cant seem to make it work@@??

Message board: To remove VC and Shard from the banner at the top of TBN.

I also agree with the minimum post count requirement in order to start a new thread.

I also think we should have web cams installed in the chat room. Maybe BMP will finally show himself to the world.

I would also like to add you can only be a member of this board if you've been blessed with having the experience of trying a sub from one of the following locations:

Firehouse

Publix

Jersey Mikes

Jimmy Johns

If you have not yet have had the luxery of having a sub from one of these locaions, your account should be frozen untill individual consumes sub.

Magic: I want Otis to stop beign so damn stubborn in all of his decisions and maybe listen to other members in management. Hell, even go to Dan and ask for his opinion. Since Dan see's and hears all of our ideas and opinions on what we should do to make the team better, maybe he can give Otis just a solid opinion.

I would also like to see more team untiy. Dwight preaches hard work but if people are in it only for the paycheck and not the rings, then we have a problem.