Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Magic Already Back in Action

I saw Gilbert in small gym, working by himself. When I asked what he was going to work on this off-season, Gilbert grinned, dribbled the ball through his legs into the 35-40ft area, and launched a shot. Before the shot even reached its peak at the arc, Gilbert looked back at me dead in the eyes, with that same grin. He walked towards me and shouted "THAT'S what I'-" only to be interrupted by the sound of the ball shattering the backboard and crushing several infants. I immediately turned my head to look at the damage and by the time I turned back Gilbert was already gone.

I saw Gilbert in small gym, working by himself. When I asked what he was going to work on this off-season, Gilbert grinned, dribbled the ball through his legs into the 35-40ft area, and launched a shot. Before the shot even reached its peak at the arc, Gilbert looked back at me dead in the eyes, with that same grin. He walked towards me and shouted "THAT'S what I'-" only to be interrupted by the sound of the ball shattering the backboard and crushing several infants. I immediately turned my head to look at the damage and by the time I turned back Gilbert was already gone.

Liar, Gilbert can't run that fast...

Liar, Gilbert can't run that fast...

Double liar, Gilbert can't dribble through his legs.

Seriously though I like hearing that our 3rd string PG, our project guy, and our old project guy are already working out however I would really like to see that the one guy who needs every last minute of the offseason to rehab and improve is out there...rehabbing and improving. I want a Rocky IV/III-esqe training sequence going on with Gilbert the entire offseason complete with music, American flag trunks, and Carl Weathers barking at him...Jareth, what am I trying to say here?

Double liar, Gilbert can't dribble through his legs.

Seriously though I like hearing that our 3rd string PG, our project guy, and our old project guy are already working out however I would really like to see that the one guy who needs every last minute of the offseason to rehab and improve is out there...rehabbing and improving. I want a Rocky IV/III-esqe training sequence going on with Gilbert the entire offseason complete with music, American flag trunks, and Carl Weathers barking at him...Jareth, what am I trying to say here?

You're saying you want Gilbert to find a somewhat attractive but incredibly shy Italian woman to marry this summer.

You're saying you want Gilbert to find a somewhat attractive but incredibly shy Italian woman to marry this summer.

NO! Not the wet blanket! The TRAINING montage. PAY ATTENTION.

NO! Not the wet blanket! The TRAINING montage. PAY ATTENTION.

The training wasn't that important. Rocky drank Brisk Ice tea.

he's saying that Arenas needs to go to California or Russia