Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

XBOX 360 Downloads

I'm the type of guy that likes to have backups of stuff. Just in case something stupid happens, which has been know to happen with my electronics, and I lose everything.

Anyways, I want to play Portal 1, which originally came out as a 4 game Disc called "The Orange Box" (any confirm that this is true?)

They have it now on XBOX Marketplace and I can download it for $10 compared to the $25 on Amazon for the Orange Box.

If I download it onto my hard drive, is there a way that I can burn that download onto a disc that I can use in the future, just in case something happens to my xbox? or if I get a new xbox (which I'm planning on doing).

Anyone got any advice on this?

Anyways, I want to play Portal 1, which originally came out as a 4 game Disc called "The Orange Box" (any confirm that this is true?)

Yes, you can usually find the orange box for cheap though since its pretty old.

If I download it onto my hard drive, is there a way that I can burn that download onto a disc that I can use in the future, just in case something happens to my xbox? or if I get a new xbox (which I'm planning on doing).

Anyone got any advice on this?

you can redownload anything you buy on the marketplace, it is tied to your gamertag. Just click the guide button and go right to the settings blade and hit account management. From there you should be able to go to download history and re-dl anything you have bought.

Pretty sure you can also copy the game to a flash drive but im not positive

You download it, and Microsoft keeps your backup copy. Once you've paid for a download, regardless of if it's a full game, add on, etc. it's yours, and it's linked to your account. If something happens to the copy, if your Xbox craps out on you, if your house burns down, it's still linked to your account. Get a new Xbox, access your account, download the game again at no cost.

Edit: Or, yeah, the second half of what Cactus said. I missed that when I read his reply.

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Or if you decide to buy the game for your PC, buying and downloading the game through Steam will function the same way, where the purchase is saved to your account and you may redownload the game if needed.

In fact, I had to redownload the expansions to Fallout 3 a few years ago when I bought a new computer, and had no problems doing so.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******