Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

Grant Hill Says Pistons, Magic Mismanaged Ankle Injury

Doesn't: it's an island. Like Hawai'i, etc. It belongs to itself. Just like the Philippines, Cuba, and so on. Could be wrong, but I think that's how it works.

it depends on what you're really talking about. Geographically everything belongs to one of the 7 continents. Demographically, socially, economically, things can be divided better.

it's not about geographic inclusion as much as the Caribbean is completely different socially and economically than the continental countries.

Well... I grew up in Puerto Rico. We have always been told we're americans, we're US territory, and I don't see any social or economical difference in the Caribbean that implies it being seen as different from all the countries in North, Central and South America.

We are americans in everything except we are not connected to the continent itself since we're islands. So I think geographic position itself would be the only thing the caribbean doesn't have in common with the rest of the American countries....

Well... I grew up in Puerto Rico. We have always been told we're americans, we're US territory, and I don't see any social or economical difference in the Caribbean that implies it being seen as different from all the countries in North, Central and South America.

We are americans in everything except we are not connected to the continent itself since we're islands. So I think geographic position itself would be the only thing the caribbean doesn't have in common with the rest of the American countries....

yeah you are american. I'm talking macro-level Caribbean, not specifics. The majority of the islands have economies that resemble small cities or counties and have high poverty rates and low education levels.

yeah you are american. I'm talking macro-level Caribbean, not specifics. The majority of the islands have economies that resemble small cities or counties and have high poverty rates and low education levels.

What about American countries that have similar issues?

Aren't there some of them in Central and South America?

What about American countries that have similar issues?

Aren't there some of them in Central and South America?

central and south american countries are somewhat homogenous.

Well, this thread took a quick and unexpected turn, like turning an ankle... LOLROFL OH MY GOD I CRACK MYSELF UP!