Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

Game 6 Orlando @ Atlanta

I just trying to be positive. No fault to believe in your team. I learned not to believe anything coming out of the magic front office

I'm not faulting you for believing. I'm faulting you for believing just because Charles Barkley said so. Just look at the facts and you'll see that it was clear all long.

We just weren't meant to win this series. And that really sucks. :(

I'm not faulting you for believing. I'm faulting you for believing just because Charles Barkley said so. Just look at the facts and you'll see that it was clear all long.

We just weren't meant to win this series. And that really sucks. :(

So true. On the postive side, we can glout when Hawks are butt whipped by the Bulls. It will be funny seeing those thugs get whipped by kover, and the refs ignoring it.

Doesn't make much sense, but it happened...

A lot of guys below expectations in this series, including our coaching staff.

Defense wasn't anywhere.

We missed JJ being ready from Game 1, he had the most energy (by FAR) in both elimination games.

Earl was good all season against the Hawks, defensively, and (own coaching opinion) should have been utilized.

Likewise, adjustments should have been made EARLY to seriously get in the face of bums like crawford who shot like they're MJ.

(our crib midget is good for many things but hey, not everything)

Otis should have picked-up a free-agent/bought-off Center better than Malik Allen (ie, any guy with two hands), NO excuses.

Guys should have driven the ball more to the hoop. We could. We just didn't.

A bunch of one-possesion game losses cost us a GREAT matchup with the Bulls. It sucks. We could have gone all the way this year as well.

BELIEVE IN MAGIC :bball:

• Upvote 1

"Orlando is my city", great stuff, makes me smile...

ps. but holy crap, we had a time-out left? that true? thank god i didn't know that at the time of Hedo's pass, or i would have my foot through the tv...

"Orlando is my city", great stuff, makes me smile...

ps. but holy crap, we had a time-out left? that true? thank god i didn't know that at the time of Hedo's pass, or i would have my foot through the tv...

He SHOULD have taken the timeout, but I honestly don't think that we would have gotten a much better inbounds than that. That was the worst place we could throw in from.

He SHOULD have taken the timeout, but I honestly don't think that we would have gotten a much better inbounds than that. That was the worst place we could throw in from.

You really think that? Van Gundy is known for drawing up plays. A timeout should have been used when there was nothing on offer.

Well we lost by a possession. Would have been nice to have that one that was stolen due to the ineptness of ATL's shot clock keepers and dumb refs.

But hey - at least Dwight drew a flagrant. Now we can use that as our standard of what actually does constitute a flagrant against Dwight and then compare it to all the even harder fouls he's received.

You really think that? Van Gundy is known for drawing up plays. A timeout should have been used when there was nothing on offer.

I just thought that the positioning made it hard to draw a play. Can't throw the ball too high or you hit the backboard. Kind of limits where the ball can go. Best place would probably be the corner, where SVG could have very well gotten a better play had we called a timeout. Just not VERY confident that we would have.

I took some time to chill out and held back from posting... Everyone is getting their anger out on the team and the coach and all, but honestly... Think of it this way... It could have been our game. It was all on JJ to make that shot but guys, he is only human. And I can't even imagine the amount of pressure that was on him at those very last seconds... To throw him in there and tell him he has to make it. We all say things when we are upset, even I did. We are all disappointed. But deep down I think they did everything in their power... And even the team-mates we say ruin the team did what they could, which included missing their shots. It was a good attempt, but in the end we need to revamp and get players that are better than what we have and really prepare for next year. There is nothing more we can really say... I love all us fans and I hope none of you will walk away from the Magic because of this.

• Upvote 2

I just thought that the positioning made it hard to draw a play. Can't throw the ball too high or you hit the backboard. Kind of limits where the ball can go. Best place would probably be the corner, where SVG could have very well gotten a better play had we called a timeout. Just not VERY confident that we would have.

Nah, there are plenty of plays which can be used.

One for instance:

Just two screens from one side of the keyway to the other freeing two players cutting to the sideline.

Your right. In a situation like that, from where we were inbounding, its obvious someone is coming to the corner for three.

The only other option though could have been an attempt for Dwight under the rim for a 3 point play... But still.. not much of a better option. Have to make the ft too.

But anyways... What a year... Lots of twists and turns. I'm already excited for next season haha.