Sign in to follow this  
asia#1

there's always baseball

I can't believe this. I'm sorry that baseball doesn't have cheerleaders, players dying from multiple concussions, and rap music playing during gameplay, but it is still the GREATEST GAME EVER INVENTED!

Does nobody else appreciate the the history of the game. As baseball goes, America goes. The game was played by soldiers of the Civil War. Jackie Robinson's achievement stands as one of the most significant events of American history, period. The Brooklyn Dodgers? The Cubs winless since 1908! The Yankees, as much as I hate them, are the most significant athletic franchise in the ENTIRE WORLD! The Great Bambeno?!? Don Larson's perfect game in the World Series! 1941! Joe DiMaggio's 56 game hit streak and Ted Williams hits .401 IN THE SAME YEAR!!! I could go on forever.

How many of you have actually been to a pro game? Granted, baseball isn't the sexiest game to watch on T.V., but it is by far the best to see in person.

Anyone ever sit at a game on a Sunday afternoon, sip on a few Beers and eat a hot dog or two? Comeon...

Pac_bell_scorecard.jpg

Where are all the baseball lovers at???

OK I'm going to try and like it.......nope I can't do it. Sorry buddy but you get an A for effort.

Honestly its just really boring to me. I literally fall asleep everytime I try and watch a game. I really don't like any game that could end with a score of 1-0. Its why I don't like soccer or hockey either.

Baseball also has some of the lamest stats. Sooner or later an announcer is going to say something dumb like Alex Rodriguez is batting .300 in night games when the temperature is below 50 degrees and the pitcher is a lefty. Baseball is such a numbers game that it gets annoying. Especially since steroids has completely tainted all the old records. I don't have to be a basball historian to know that Barry Bonds is a fraud that doesnt deserve to pass Aaron.

Baseball lover here, especially because my fantasy team is off the hook right now. I could sit for hours and watch a ball game. I bought MLB league pass just for that.

By the way, this is the Original Osprey23, my roommate has been posting on the handle for the past few months. And yes, WP, I played organized ball for Olympia High School and I now play for UNF. I live and eat baseball and Magic. Lol, sorry for the life story.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Have you ever played organized baseball?

A little bit when I was a kid. I'll be the first to admit that I was terrible at it. I'm sure that has a little to do with me not liking it as much.

I've been to a couple of ball games and had a decent time. It just isn't something that I would go out of my way to do again. I really want to see a hockey game live. I hear thats a lot of fun.