Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

I was talking about Atlanta, not Boston. Boston beat the Magic because they were a much more talented and coherent team.

The Magic rely on too much from not much talent. They lose to teams that can defend them well, which goes back to my point that it's a talent problem, not system problem. What kind of system is going to make Jameer drive the rim consistently and make easy transition passes to Dwight? What kind of system is going to make Hedo not suck completely on both ends of the floor? What kind of system is going to turn Bass into a good passer? What kind of system is going to make everyone consistent?

Blame the system all you want but you're not going to win many titles when you have 3rd and 4th bananas often time being asked to be the team's 1st and 2nd bananas.

As far as the team putting faith into SVG's system, I believe it was Catman himself that mentioned it wasn't SVG's idea, but Otis. And it has been Otis that has acquired and traded for a bunch of jump shooters that can't cut/drive to the rim against good defenses. Miami under SVG was a top 5 defense/offense in 2005 and 16th in 3PA. Say it's 100% because of Shaq/Wade all you want but that team also started Damon and Eddie Jones and had 31 year old Rasual Butler as its 6th man.

The system is a product of the players on the team, not the other way around. I'm completely for changing the system but you're also gonna have to change personnel. A good passing PF and slashing SF/SG would be a great way to start. Until then, this roster full of one-dimensional players will continue to run a one-dimensional offense.

Rasual was not 31 silly, he's 31 now!!!!!

I personally love the trade that nets us Miller and Iggy, and think it's realistic. But whatever. I'm also silly.

Also, I just realized we couldn't S&T J-Rich even if we wanted to.

Draft night is going to be heartbreaking.

wha?

and yeah, I really wouldn't mind Miller/Iggy. Obviously I don't like Miller more than Nelson but at this point I just want a bunch of guys that can play solid D and pass. I liked the Meer that would be deadly from midrange and drive consistently but the poor guy just doesn't seem to be able to do it consistently anymore, whether it's because he's afraid of another injury or because the injuries he has suffered in the last few years have affected him this much. If there was any way to get Miller/Iggy and still keep a happy Meer on the bench I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Rasual was not 31 silly, he's 31 now!!!!!

Dumb mistake, but 26 yr old Rasual and 31yr old Rasual both suck

wha?

and yeah, I really wouldn't mind Miller/Iggy. Obviously I don't like Miller more than Nelson but at this point I just want a bunch of guys that can play solid D and pass. I liked the Meer that would be deadly from midrange and drive consistently but the poor guy just doesn't seem to be able to do it consistently anymore, whether it's because he's afraid of another injury or because the injuries he has suffered in the last few years have affected him this much. If there was any way to get Miller/Iggy and still keep a happy Meer on the bench I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I meant on draft night, sorry.

All aboard for the Marcus Thornton train.

24dh9oo.jpg

There's just something about him. . . I don't know what. I feel like it's all just a lie. . .

Over on Realgm a guy posted that Rudolph (no clue who this guy is) is saying that Nelson and Bass would be a good start for a trade for Gay

That's from a suggestion I made to Rudolph on twitter...lol

His lack of defense?

He's still young. And honestly, sign a 2/3 on the cheap that's a defender. F it. Sign Willie Green to the vet min. We need scoring, and Thornton would give us that. And he's EXCELLENT at attacking the basket.

He could be had for Wes Matthews type money if you ask me. Maybe less.

That's from a suggestion I made to Rudolph on twitter...lol

Lol I thought it was you by your sig but I wasn't sure. Hopefully his response has some weight and I'd throw 2 future picks and Fran in just to get it to work