Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

Westbrook is hogging the ball from Durant, gets hammered by everyone on television for it, and proceeds to still do it. I think it's possible a "this town isn't big enough for the both of us" situation occurs and we should look into it if it happens. If we're going to lose Dwight (I said if), getting Westbrook for him would be the best case scenario. It's a hell of a lot better than the LA crap BSPN keeps spewing.

What would you think of something like Nelson/Howard for Westbrook/Perkins/someone else (Ibaka maybe?).

The problem with that is that OKC could sign Dwight outright, so MAYBE they'd be nice and just do a Westbrick + Perkins for Dwight

Still..... It's JJ for a top 5 PG in the league

no.. its 2 exp contracts and jj. if dwill demands a trade to orl thats one option the magic have.

no.. its 2 exp contracts and jj. if dwill demands a trade to orl thats one option the magic have.

NJ doesn't need expiring contracts they have cap space so there is no way in helll that would go down even if d.will demanded us. Would need a 3rd team to try and help and that's always tougher to not make one GM happy but two GMs. Stop dreaming

OK look at it this way:

You're the Nets GM or Mikhail Prokhorov and Otis Smith of the Magic calls you and offers you a package of JJ Redick (a very solid bench player with not much more of a ceiling), Brandon Rush(expiring contract and a young and explosive scorer who's about as good as he's going to get), and James Posey(a seasoned veteran and role player with an expiring contract)

FOR

Your 2 Time All Star PG (including this past season), who's a Top 5 player at his position and is only 26.

Now evaluate and tell me, without the homer glasses, if you'd do this deal. Look at both the long and short term

OK look at it this way:

You're the Nets GM or Mikhail Prokhorov and Otis Smith of the Magic calls you and offers you a package of JJ Redick (a very solid bench player with not much more of a ceiling), Brandon Rush(expiring contract and a young and explosive scorer who's about as good as he's going to get), and James Posey(a seasoned veteran and role player with an expiring contract)

FOR

Your 2 Time All Star PG (including this past season), who's a Top 5 player at his position and is only 26.

Now evaluate and tell me, without the homer glasses, if you'd do this deal. Look at both the long and short term

because your all star point gaurd says get me to orlando. didn't this just happen with melo? the only diff is orl cant just sign him outright.

because your all star point gaurd says get me to orlando. didn't this just happen with melo? the only diff is orl cant just sign him outright.

You can't even compare the Melo deal and this trade you're proposing. New York gave up legitimate pieces, including Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, and Raymond Felton. JJ's value isn't anywhere near either of those 3 as individuals, let alone combined

You can't even compare the Melo deal and this trade you're proposing. New York gave up legitimate pieces, including Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, and Raymond Felton. JJ's value isn't anywhere near either of those 3

jj is not the center peice of the deal its the 2 exp contracts. jersey has a new owner a new bldg and not really much interest from current nba players to play there. the best path for them to become a good team is to acquire draft picks and build that way. okc is an example.

jj is not the center peice of the deal its the 2 exp contracts. jersey has a new owner a new bldg and not really much interest from current nba players to play there. the best path for them to become a good team is to acquire draft picks and build that way. okc is an example.

I'm sorry but a combination of 2 expiring deals worth approximately $10M isn't valued that much- probably less than JJ actually. And to say that there's no interest to play in the Barclay's Center is wrong. New Jersey will draw plenty of interest once it's built.

OKC rebuilt by the draft.... strictly. They didn't trade away a guy that they could build around while he was in his prime. They displayed very smart and organized management to get to where they are now.

TRADE MACHINE FAIL

you would rather have Jameer/Hedo/Bass/Anderson paired with Dwight instead of the best PG in the NBA paired with Dwight + you get to dump Hedo's salary?

...Call me crazy but I would rather have the best C in the NBA getting fed by the best PG in the NBA even if you have to fill around them with MLE and vet contracts...

I choose that over 4 inconsistent fringe starters any day.

Miami did it with 2 top wings and 1 good pf. We would already have a cheap 10 mpg ok back up C and three gritty role players (JJ/Noccioni/Q). The MLE and vet minimums would get us pretty good players lining up to play next to Williams and Howard. It's not like we'd be trying to find a starting pg or starting center like Miami either...

• Downvote 1