Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Fire Stan Van Gundy

C'mon fellas. I'm probably the most upset one on this board at the moment but we don't need a thread like this. It shows the IQ of Magic fans and making a thread like this shows....well you get the hint.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I wish I could ban you all for stupidity

We get it. You're "smarter" than us. Basketball knowledge obviously tells us to give it to one of our least effective players that game for the game winner. I could see if Turk was a star like Kobe or Durant but he didn't deserve the ball. Barely had any business in the game just for lack of better options.

If you want to fire Stan, fine. Then next year when not much is different you will realize that the players on this team just aren't that good.

I do think you had to go to Gilbert late, but let's face it, it's not like he was doing his damage from outside. It's no sure thing he gets a good look or makes a three. We shot 2/23, there really wasn't a good option. I would've stayed away from Hedo, but I'm not going to call for Stan's head over it, besides we don't even know if Stan actually called for Hedo to take the shot. Gil came up to get the ball and then passed it to Hedo who had to shoot because he almost turned it over.

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Threads like this one serve as good indications as to why the Galactic Federation never conquered Teegeeack.

Given how stupid you pathetic man-animals are, as evidenced by this thread, it is simply not necessary. Left to your own devices, you build prisons of the mind for yourselves.

If Xenu has learned but one thing during his long studies of Teegeeack, he has learned that had he not bound you puny sub-creatures with the chains of many Thetans, you'd have assuredly found some other chain with which to bind yourselves.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

• Upvote 1

I wish I could ban you all for stupidity

Really? Did Hedo make a single good decision in the fourth quarter after our run?

And then Stan decides to give the ball to Hedo for finish..It just doesn't make any sense, especially when there are other players who have been shooting better in this game.

I'm not even going to talk about shooting those threes.

We get it. You're "smarter" than us. Basketball knowledge obviously tells us to give it to one of our least effective players that game for the game winner. I could see if Turk was a star like Kobe or Durant but he didn't deserve the ball. Barely had any business in the game just for lack of better options.

Yes, our basketball knowledge is very poor because we wouldn't have given it to the guy who stunk up the whole series without providing any benefits to us whatsoever.

The last shot could've very well been meant to be taken by Arenas, but we'll never know what that play was because Hedo managed to get stripped by Horford.

And since the Magic have never acquired any real slashers and perimeter players that could get to the rim at will, it's pretty tough to blame Stan for telling guys that couldn't cut or get to the rim to shoot the ball when they were open.

When the Magic had Barnes they took advantage of his cuts

when they had Carter, they took advantage of 1/2 pnrs

when Bass got minutes, they took advantage of his mid-range shooting and added some horns plays

blaming SVG for this offense would be like blaming Lionel Hollins for his team being a bad 3pt shooting team and not running enough "plays" for 3pt shots. . .

• Upvote 2

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Threads like this one serve as good indications as to why the Galactic Federation never conquered Teegeeack.

Given how stupid you pathetic man-animals are, as evidenced by this thread, it is simply not necessary. Left to your own devices, you build prisons of the mind for yourselves.

If Xenu has learned but one thing during his long studies of Teegeeack, he has learned that had he not bound you puny sub-creatures with the chains of many Thetans, you'd have assuredly found some other chain with which to bind yourselves.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

Are you still doing this? Dude this was old after your first post.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Do us all a favor and just pull the trigger. I'm sick of you along with all of your impulsive and negative comments and threads

Do us all a favor and just pull the trigger. I'm sick of you along with all of your impulsive and negative comments and threads

Impulsive? We're down 3-1. And I called it. I called the Magic out in 5 several threads ago.

Otis Smith is the reason we cannot win this series. Without any wing defenders, we have nobody to check Joe Johnson or Crawford. Both Gilbert and Hedo are failed experiments and hefty contracts.

SVG is a great coach. Firing him and replacing him with an inferior coach will not do us any good.

• Upvote 2