Sign in to follow this  
Avante

Van Gundy accuses Hawks players of flopping

Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said he’s fine with the physical play between his team and the Atlanta Hawks, but he’s frustrated by what he calls the Hawks “flopping” in an attempt to draw fouls.

“I like it when guys stand up and fight like men,” Van Gundy said Saturday. “I think that is what the game is all about. The one thing that frustrates me is all the flopping.”

Van Gundy cited three plays from the Hawks’ 88-84 victory in Game 3 on Friday.

Hawks center Jason Collins drew a charging call when he hit the court after contact with Orlando center Dwight Howard and later did the same to guard Jameer Nelson. Van Gundy said Howard “touched [Hawks center] Zaza Pachulia in the chest on a screen and that sent him to the floor.”

“The one thing I learned is our guys are a lot stronger than I thought they were,” Van Gundy said sarcastically.

Via Michael Cunningham/Atlanta Journal-Constitution

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/van-gundy-hawks-flopping-922593.html

Anyone have footage of Collins getting pushed down by 5'10 Nelson, who can't even push over a chair?

What a hipocrite. You have your own floppers as well Mr Van Gundy. (Jaqueer, NoJ-Rich, He-don't, JJ nodick)

Damn, where were the Hawks fans last year?

What a hipocrite. You have your own floppers as well Mr Van Gundy. (Jaqueer, NoJ-Rich, He-don't, JJ nodick)

What's up with the lousy nicknames? You really cant come up with an actual argument?

What's up with the lousy nicknames? You really cant come up with an actual argument?

Actual arguement? Stan Van Gundy wants to complain about players on our team who flop so i'll complain about yours. SVG has no right to complain about flopping when his own players flop as well.

Actual arguement? Stan Van Gundy wants to complain about players on our team who flop so i'll complain about yours. What I'm trying to say is SVG has no right to say he hates flopping when his own players flop as well.

And when has this flopping happened? You cant just say that players are flopping and name them if you dont actually have anything to back it up. That's the difference in these comments, there were actual situations where collins and zaza flopped.

And when has this flopping happened? You cant just say that players are flopping and name them if you dont actually have anything to back it up. That's the difference in these comments, there were actual situations where collins and zaza flopped.

I'm not afraid to admit that my hawks flop, but are you that much of a dick rider you don't know that your own players flop? Jameer flops on his midrange jumpshots at times, Hedo flops towards the rim, Richardson flops when JJ backs him down, Redick tries to flop when he runs through screens, etc.

I'm not afraid to admit that my hawks flop, but are you that much of a dick rider you don't know that your own players flop? Jameer flops on his midrange jumpshots at times, Hedo flops towards the rim, Richardson flops when JJ backs him down, Redick tries to flop when he runs through screens, etc.

So you are just resorting by saying that our players flop all the time and they dont do anything else than on the floor? Well since we do it all the time, can you tell me how many of those flops were called?

What's up with the personal insults? I highly doubt you will get under my skin anytime soon.

So you are just resorting by saying that our players flop all the time and they dont do anything else than on the floor? Well since we do it all the time, can you tell me how many of those flops were called?

I didn't say all the time. Fortunate for us none of them were called at the time.