Sign in to follow this  
Norman

79% of the series are won by the team that wins the first game

There is 21% chance that we wont be starting on early summer holiday.

I like this team.

I dont like our chances though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

You know what the best part is...? Each series is an individual event based in the present and thus has absolutely no tie to cumulative statistics of series from the past. So, yeah.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You know what the best part is...? Each series is an individual event based in the present and thus has absolutely no tie to cumulative statistics of series from the past. So, yeah.

Bingo. This stat is useless. Especially when WE'VE WON A SERIES BEFORE AFTER LOSING GAME 1.

• Upvote 1

Why is everyone trashing realgm? There are some very good posters, and maybe some are panicked. Some still feel we can win the series.

Why is everyone trashing realgm? There are some very good posters, and maybe some are panicked. Some still feel we can win the series.

The difference between this forum and RealGM is that RealGM typically has a more pessimistic view of the magic, while this forum has a more optimistic view. Both have their flaws.

The difference between this forum and RealGM is that RealGM typically has a more pessimistic view of the magic, while this forum has a more optimistic view. Both have their flaws.

True. I think some posters post both places.

I think the point is not that the past has some sort of effect on the present or future, but that by winning game 1 you have a huge advantage going foward in the series...obviously numerically and also psychologically.

if i remember correctly, the year we went to the finals, we lost that 1st game in the 1st round to the 76ers

Exactly. I expect us to play like we did in the fourth and first quarters going forward as opposed to how we played in the second and third quarters. Now if we lose game 2, then it's time to panic a bit.