Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Gamethread: Magic vs. Hawks - GAME ONE

Game One!  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2. 2. Which Stuff will we see?

Jameer isn't a robot, dude was gassed with all his hustle that period.

Really? What made you come to that conclusion? Did he call you or text you on the bench?! Cause it surely wasn't evident, sorry!

Gil did provide a spark in the first half

he had 3 turovers in 12 minutes, everytime he dribbles I am afraid to watch...he is like a turnover machine...

Dwight showed his MVP talents and played his heart out tonight. He showed he is serious about winning a championship and that he'll do whatever it takes. Jameer laid an egg but quickly recovered and saved his ass with a solid 2nd half effort.

As for the others, I truly believe they don't want to win a championship and are their just for a paycheck. At the end of the day they go home to their huge houses and model wives and maybe get some post game sex. As for us fans who spend all our time and money just to ask for a team to show HUSTLE AND HEART then to get slapped in the face by a team filled members that half ass it during the game makes me want quit on them as they quit on us.

I support players that show effort and heart. Example-Dwight,JJ,Meer,Anderson, J rich-sometimes

I also put alot of blame on the joke of a GM that BLOWS UP A TEAM THAT WENT TO THE FINALS saying we needed to go into a different direction,just to BLOW UP THE TEAM AGAIN for the same piece that got us to the finals. THEN TRADES AWAY OUR BACK UP CENTER.

If Dwight where to leave we as Magic fans should support his decision and honor everything he did for us and this city. We can't blame him for wanting to win a championship in his prime but is stuck with a GM that does trades on NBA 2k11 to see if they'd work.

• Upvote 4

In all honesty, I think it's just a matter of having a balanced offense. Yeah, the Hawks shot a high percentage, but at least five guys got double figures. The *ONLY* position the Magic are outperforming them in is in the C. They either match or win every other. Yes, that includes point guard, because Crawford and Hinrich alone match Jameer's performance.

The offense simply just isn't balanced and has gone stale this year. So stale, that even the Hawks can take advantage of it. There's got to be a way to open the three point plugs, and right now, hoping they double team enough isn't really going to pay off more often than not. I think they should get as much pick and roll and transition threes as possible like the last Bulls game.

Edit: And yeah, I know the Magic have got to player better defensively, but that really only seems to come around when their shots are falling.

he had 3 turovers in 12 minutes, everytime he dribbles I am afraid to watch...he is like a turnover machine...

You damn well know his 6 points and 4 assists were a big spark in the first half. He was horrible in the second half, but he did give this team a spark in the first quarter. So it's not like Stan went to him when he was pathetic in the first.

Was Earl going to stop Hinrich and Crawford???? Earl is so young and raw, and incredibly overrated by people on this forum. He's not the answer to our problems.

Gil was in the game for like two minutes or so before SVG pulled the plug. Besides, Gil did provide a spark in the first half.

Did I say he was the answer? The point is (which you're missing), that the guys that WERE on the floor were not contibuting offensively and are blatant defensive liablities, ie. J-Rich, Turk, Bass, and at times Anderson...this is no secret! Why not put some guys in that you KNOW will provide energy, heart, and hustle.....and YES, much more defensive potential. Our current starting line-up ISN'T capable of playing consistent, decent defense...I've said this time and time again, but all eveybody wants to do is throw their nerdy, skewed and distorted "stats" atround. There's no "formula" to our problems, it's not scientific. We don't have the proper personell! Period.

Jameer was pulled at the end of the 3rd, you know, where he set an Orlando Magic record for points in a quarter...and didn't see the floor until the 8 minute mark in the 4th, long after the Hawks built a large 4th quarter lead. Seems like a good move to me too. Key words you said yourself btw, "FIRST HALF".

:rolleyes:

Dwight showed his MVP talents and played his heart out tonight. He showed he is serious about winning a championship and that he'll do whatever it takes. Jameer laid an egg but quickly recovered and saved his ass with a solid 2nd half effort.

As for the others, I truly believe they don't want to win a championship and are their just for a paycheck. At the end of the day they go home to their huge houses and model wives and maybe get some post game sex. As for us fans who spend all our time and money just to ask for a team to show HUSTLE AND HEART then to get slapped in the face by a team filled members that half ass it during the game makes me want quit on them as they quit on us.

I support players that show effort and heart. Example-Dwight,JJ,Meer,Anderson, J rich-sometimes

I also put alot of blame on the joke of a GM that BLOWS UP A TEAM THAT WENT TO THE FINALS saying we needed to go into a different direction,just to BLOW UP THE TEAM AGAIN for the same piece that got us to the finals. THEN TRADES AWAY OUR BACK UP CENTER.

If Dwight where to leave we as Magic fans should support his decision and honor everything he did for us and this city. We can't blame him for wanting to win a championship in his prime but is stuck with a GM that does trades on NBA 2k11 to see if they'd work.

Agreed. Smith should be fired immediately. It appears I was right the first time. We are not going to win the series. I will go further, and take off my Magic homer glasses. SVG should be fired as well. The man has not a clue, and he was badly out coached by Drew just like last year with Rivers. I hope the front office wakes up soon before Dwight leaves or demands a trade. Stan van dummy cannot make adjustments. Pat Riley he knew would never get a ring with SVG, and we are not going to either. **** being politically correct.

• Upvote 1

You damn well know his 6 points and 4 assists were a big spark in the first half. He was horrible in the second half, but he did give this team a spark in the first quarter. So it's not like Stan went to him when he was pathetic in the first.

I don't care about those 6 points and 4 assts. he had 3!!! turnovers in 12 minutes of play and could not guard anyone. And don't forget that he is our highest paid player...And we traded a player for him who was not great but probably better at this stage in their careers and who had less years and quaranteed money on his contract...

I still think we win the series. It's a make or miss league, and tonight they shot the lights out and we shot horribly. I predicted Magic in 6, so tonight just happened to be one of the 2 losses.

Ryno needed more burn tonight, particularly in the second half, particularly to start the 4th. Was not very happy with SVG's Dwight-Turk-J-Rich-JJ-Jameer lineup for about 80% of the 4th.

Ughhhh. Tough loss.