Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

"Turk & Nelson not good enough to create shots consistently"

Unlike Vince, Gilbert doesn't play 30something minutes a game. So it's not like we're relying on him to be our #2 guy, our go to guy or whatever. He is a backup point guard who won't log more than 15~ minutes during the playoffs.

i would like to give gil a pass for this year but i can not. the reason is not about his ability but his careless attitude toward playing smart ball. he is a turn over waiting to happen and add that to his awful decision making is a diaster. if you think i am disappointed then you are right. i hope jj gets back and is able to play because gil and duhon will be useless in the playoffs. if the passing, free throw shooting, and smarter offensive decision making does not become consistent then this will be a short playoff season.

In a team where everything is expected from Howard, Hedo and Jameer; the things which were told by Hollinger are not new or interesting for me.

Especially on a night when Howard is out for foul problem or he is well defended by the opponent and it is the last ball; then the options are simple: a)Hedo, b)Jameer...Because the other players do not take responsibility.

I also do not understand why this Hollinger is this much appreciated. Especially his words about INCONSISTENCY are b..s..t. It is sth like inventing America again...This is same for any team which just depends on a few players in key minutes or clutch moments...And as this is basketball, that ball sometimes does not get in...

I believe Jameer must think of making assists more than forcing the rim. It is same for Hedo, too. And I believe Hedo is a little bit in front in making games, I believe he is the best play maker of the team at the moment. If we have Howard then our system must be simple...Let's feed Howard and wait other teams to double team him. Then our shooters like Hedo, Jaameer, JRich, RAnderson, JJ Reddick will punish the opponent...Plus Hedo and Jameer must use their play making abilities for the team more.

I believe our team.

And I hate this HOLLINGER s..t....

Yeah, but that's really not the point, the point is that people had high hopes for Carter, and he wasn't able to come through and shed certain labels about his game. People have high hopes now for Gilbert, but he won't be able to shed certain labels about his game either. It's the similarity in hoping an established vet can change his game and become something this team needs, not really the similarity in their game. Yes, Gilbert is atrocious right now, and Carter was never all that bad, he just wasn't what everyone hoped he would be (a guy that could take over in the clutch when we needed).

Yeah, I know. I said that in my original post about him not being what we had hoped for, but he still played well overall except for January last year and the playoffs. Gilbert is just flat out awful, most of the players on the team are shooting better from three than he is from the field. It's really no question that Carter is the lesser of two evils by far, it's just too bad we are getting these former All Stars past their prime.

Well hey, look at it this way. If we didn't trade for Gil, we'd have a non producing, injured, out for the season (?) Rashard Lewis. Also we'd have Duhon as a full time back-up point guard and guys like Anderson or Clark would have gotten hardly any minutes (especially Clark).

But I'm not going to disagree with people saying Gil is playing terri-awful.

In a team where everything is expected from Howard, Hedo and Jameer; the things which were told by Hollinger are not new or interesting for me.

Especially on a night when Howard is out for foul problem or he is well defended by the opponent and it is the last ball; then the options are simple: a)Hedo, b)Jameer...Because the other players do not take responsibility.

I also do not understand why this Hollinger is this much appreciated. Especially his words about INCONSISTENCY are b..s..t. It is sth like inventing America again...This is same for any team which just depends on a few players in key minutes or clutch moments...And as this is basketball, that ball sometimes does not get in...

I believe Jameer must think of making assists more than forcing the rim. It is same for Hedo, too. And I believe Hedo is a little bit in front in making games, I believe he is the best play maker of the team at the moment. If we have Howard then our system must be simple...Let's feed Howard and wait other teams to double team him. Then our shooters like Hedo, Jaameer, JRich, RAnderson, JJ Reddick will punish the opponent...Plus Hedo and Jameer must use their play making abilities for the team more.

I believe our team.

And I hate this HOLLINGER s..t....

Really?

One thing for sure, Gilbert Arenas type of basketball is out.

He has a rival in Mil. . named Brandon Jennings. Both chukkers with no leg no height, no strength. Just a lot of attitude and Jordan syndrome without Jordan abitlies.

This was the worst move by Otis. JRich wasnt a good idea either. If you are gonna get somebody get him in his prime when he has legs. Giving 15 mil to a perimeter chukker is ridicolous.

I still miss the finals team. .

watch out, Otis may go for TMac. Probably he is waiting for him to go lower than he is now, then he ll make his move.

While at it, why not get Shaq too and make magicland a graveyard.