Miami without bron 42-50 wins

Chicago without Rose 40-45 wins

Chicago without boozer 45-50 wins

Chicago without noah 45-50 wins

Boston without garnett 45-50 wins

Boston without pierce 50+ wins

Boston without rondo 45-50 wins

boston without allen 50+ wins

Magic without Dwight 15-20 wins. Best case 25 wins. I will laugh you off this board and forever heckle you if you realistically think this team gets more than 30 wins without dwight. I wont be alone in saying we would max out at 25 wins either. I bet 80% of this board would say we are a 25 win or lower club. Now you can disagree with me to the tune of 5-10 wins on the above estimates but those clubs still would be 30-40 win teams.

And that is the problem Otis has created...no one else! Dont say who could he have gotten...Otis has had 5 years to plan and acquire talent. His hand is all over this club. And he has been unhindered financially. Ive seen many teams plan for and acquire all star talent in that time including watching the heat dismantle a whole club to head in a championship direction but our gm "LIKES HIS TEAM THE WAY IT IS". Say no more if the team fails its his team....period.

To discount your feeling on miami without wade or bosh I will give an example of Bron by himself (IE minus Wade and Bosh) last year (which he was in fact by himself in cleveland) was what 60 wins. So I bet minus Wade or Bosh in Miami they would still be 50 + wins based on what bron did in cleveland last year. Unless you are a big delonte west or mo williams fan...LOL. Miami without bron and bosh well looking at the heat last year they made the playoffs and were 40+ wins. Bosh and Wade would certainly be a more formidable tandem than wade himself last year.

Finally, I will bet you Charlie Sheen will turn up clean in a test for STDs before we would win 20 games without our only all star. If our owner were cutting corners and fielding a cheap club (like we have done in years past) I would not be as irritated with our gm but the guy has a open checkbook and keeps buying average guys for maximum dollars who have terrible long term cap ramifications. Make no mistake I love the team and want a title as much as anyone but there are a lot of people who can see how Otis has steered this club in a bad direction not just me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Dwight is great, but he's not 40 wins great. No player is.

Miami is absolutely nothing like the team they had last year, and a loss to either Wade or LeBron and they're most likely a 40 win team and 1st round exit, as that team is so gutted and their bench is so poor they wouldn't be able to rely on Wade/LeBon and Bosh to score 80 pts a game. Oh, and while Cleveland's cast wasn't very good offensively (sans LeBron) they were still a very good defensive squad which is why they were able to win 60+ games, not because LeBron single handedly carried them to wins.

Lakers without Kobe are most likely a 40 win team, which is not good at all, and I find it odd that you don't think that since you have such a fetish for team's payrolls. Both Dallas and the Lakers are the league's top 2 teams in payroll, and both teams would be average to below average (< 40 wins) without their superstars. Bynum and Gasol aren't superstars, Bynum is hardly even an all-star since he's never healthy. Not sure why you keep mentioning him.

That entire Boston squad was gotten off of a terribly one-sided trade and the team sucking for nearly 20 years. Chicago is close to the same, although they got lucky drafting and were able to pick up Boozer.

I doubt anyone thinks Otis has done a great job but to say he has done a terrible job is not only short sighted, but it's incredibly naive and almost dangerously stupid. Getting a 2nd star to a superstar of Dwight's caliber isn't easy. He's good enough to make sure you never draft in the upper 15s, and he warrants enough want and need for a championship so that the owner can't just go "okay let's suck for 3-4 years and get cap space for another max player then" because I doubt Dwight would've ever wanted to stay with the team if the GM had taken that dangerous route of tanking and saving up for FA.

Your ability to judge things in hindsight isn't special. We can all talk about how certain trades didn't work AFTER they didn't work, but when you at least attempt to see things from the time they took place, it's hard to say all he has done was mess up or be downright awful. This is still a team that has gone to the ECF twice and won its first ever Finals game. And I guarantee you the reason why the team has gone so far isn't solely because of Dwight. A great example would be the Bobcats series last year. You talk so much about how awful the Magic would be without Dwight but in the playoff series they swept a playoff team with Dwight averaging 25 or something minutes a game.

• Upvote 4

PG is definitely an issue, Jammer is good and it has been said on many occasions he does a lot in the background for the team but I think Magic need a more flexible guard, someone like rondo, rose, westbrook, williams etc...

we had only one PG against Charlotte, if Duhon's injury is serious we definitely need another guard, preferebly someone who can play both guards positions...

I doubt we sign anyone.

agree...but I would love to see us bringing one more big (we had to do it earlier in the season) and one veteran guard...

Not even fair... I'll take Rafer Alston back with wide open arms.

I like Jameer and its not a knock on him but Stan couldn't let go of his man crush for him and had to ***** **** up by starting him in the finals when the Alston/Johnson pg tandem got us to the finals.... You don't start someone that hasn't played half the season to make his return in the finals of all places and that was the worse timing to do so and ultimately costed us the ring imo.... If you argue other wise your just kidding yourself :svgsad:

Rafer Alston came in and fit in the system like a tampon with wings for those that suffer from pms ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1