Sign in to follow this  
BMP

Nelson listed as day-to-day

Not to mention how he annihilated the Bobcats in the first round.

I said against the CELTICS, not against the Bobcats. It's easy to play All-Star basketball when you're being gaurded by Raymond Felton and Mike Bibby.

What games were you watching? Dwight & Jameer were probably the only reasons that the ECF went six games. It clearly wasn't VC that won us two games.

Well, let's see.

In Game 1, Jameer scored 20 points (8/18), but had 2 assists. As our starting point gaurd, this is certainly not All-Star basketball. Not to mention VC scored 23 in that game and had 2 assists as well, so VC was about as useful as Jameer in Game 1.

In Game 2, which is a game we SORELY needed to win, Jameer scored 9 points (4-12) and had 4 assists. Again. as our starting point gaurd, this is certainly not All-Star basketball. VC, however, scored 16 points on just as bad shooting.

In game 3, another game we SORELY needed to win to avoid a 0-3 deficit, Jameer scored 14 points (5-14) and had ONE assist. One assist, are you kidding me?!

In Game 4, we finally win. Jameer scored 23 points (7-14) and had 9 assists. THIS is what we needed. Unfortunately, it was a little late.

In game 5, we win again. Jameer scores 24 points (6-10), and had 5 assists. Pretty good. Again, we needed this type of performance earlier.

In Game 6, we get ousted. Jameer scores 11 (5-14) and 4 assists.

I don't think I really need to elaborate any further. IMO, Dwight was the only consistent player in that series. Don't get me wrong, this is by no means a Jameer bashing post. But don't pretend he was playing AS against the Celtics when he wasn't.

With that said, we really need him to perform at a high level if we are going to get back to the Finals.

• Downvote 2

Yeah I'm sure that's always his plan. Play well, get hurt, wait for losers online to start hating on his game.

"Loser" huh?

I would like for you to point out where I was hating on his game? I was pointing out a coincidence that everytime he plays like an All-Star he gets hurt.

I would like for you to point out where I was hating on his game? I was pointing out a coincidence that everytime he plays like an All-Star he gets hurt.

Yeah he definitley missed the point of your post. I pointed out the same thing a little bit earlier in the thread about him getting hurt everytime he ups his play.

Thank god Jameer is not out for a significant amount of time, because that time playing against New Jersey with him out and Hedo getting a breather did not look like a team that was in sync. Just about every possession looked terrible and Gilbert needs to find his groove, because he's getting worse before he's getting better. Face it, we need both Hedo and Jameer healthy to do anything in the playoffs.

I said against the CELTICS, not against the Bobcats. It's easy to play All-Star basketball when you're being gaurded by Raymond Felton and Mike Bibby.

Well, let's see.

In Game 1, Jameer scored 20 points (8/18), but had 2 assists. As our starting point gaurd, this is certainly not All-Star basketball. Not to mention VC scored 23 in that game and had 2 assists as well, so VC was about as useful as Jameer in Game 1.

In Game 2, which is a game we SORELY needed to win, Jameer scored 9 points (4-12) and had 4 assists. Again. as our starting point gaurd, this is certainly not All-Star basketball. VC, however, scored 16 points on just as bad shooting.

In game 3, another game we SORELY needed to win to avoid a 0-3 deficit, Jameer scored 14 points (5-14) and had ONE assist. One assist, are you kidding me?!

In Game 4, we finally win. Jameer scored 23 points (7-14) and had 9 assists. THIS is what we needed. Unfortunately, it was a little late.

In game 5, we win again. Jameer scores 24 points (6-10), and had 5 assists. Pretty good. Again, we needed this type of performance earlier.

I don't think I really need to elaborate any further. IMO, Dwight was the only consistent player in that series. Don't get me wrong, this is by no means a Jameer bashing post. But don't pretend he was playing AS against the Celtics when he wasn't.

With that said, we really need him to perform at a high level if we are going to get back to the Finals.

Bad shooting nights are inevitable, but you can at least make an effort to compensate for it on the defensive end of the floor, which we all know Vince never did

Bad shooting nights are inevitable, but you can at least make an effort to compensate for it on the defensive end of the floor, which we all know Vince never did

But neither did Barnes, who was our "best" wing defender. I'm not saying that Wince WASN'T terrible, but its a little misleading to blame it all on him.

Dubious, BMP said "at the end of last year." That doesn't necessarily mean ONLY against the Celtics.

As far as the Celtics series itself. In Games 1, 4, & 5, that was certainly All Star level basketball. It's almost beyond argument that he was the second most valuable player in the ECF and without him, the Magic probably get swept.

I get and agree with the general concept that when he plays his best ball, he seems to get hurt, but we'll just agree to disagree on Jameer's level of play against the Celtics last season, I suppose. In my opinion the entire team from top tobottom failed in Game 3, but VC & Rashard disappeared more often than most overall in the series.

End of last year covered pretty much the stretch after the all-star break & playoffs. Nelson was playing some of the best ball of his career after the all-star break last year and was incredible against the Bobcats, very good against Atlanta, and okay against the Celtics. He didn't get injured. He also didn't have anyone fall on his knee while he's on the ground.

No one save for the superstars of this league are able to perform consistently against the Celtics. Expecting Jameer to play much better than he did against the best half-court defense in the league is expecting too much out of someone most consider an average point guard.

Jameer spoke to the media today:

http://www.nba.com/magic/video/2011/03/27/032711nelsonm4v-1609076/index.html

When told that Jameer is day-to-day, Dwight said well today is that day. Haha

I say rest him till he's right! Much more important to have Nelson 100% for playoffs than to have against the Knicks, the Hawks, and the Bobcats.

I say rest him till he's right! Much more important to have Nelson 100% for playoffs than to have against the Knicks, the Hawks, and the Bobcats.

Speak for yourself.

Sweeping the Knicks gives you a special kind of satisfaction that only a pounding of the Celtics can give you, otherwise.