Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

The Official Soccer Thread

Bob Bradley out as American National coach.

In his four year, eight month tenure as interim then head coach of the U.S. men's national team, Bob Bradley was a highly divisive figure. On Thursday, he was sacked by U.S. Soccer, ending his tenure that was at once successful and widely unpopular.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/6813152/bob-bradley-was-second-most-successful-coach-us-national-team-soccer

So Jurgen Klinsmann is now coach of the US national team. What do the footy fans on these boards think? He certainly has a storied football career but hasn't got too much experience as a coach. Definitely a ballsy move, he's probably not come cheap.

USA have named former Germany boss Jurgen Klinsmann as their new head coach.

He retired from playing in 1998, and took his first management job with Germany in 2004.

He led them to third place in the 2006 World Cup on home soil, but stepped down from the role after the tournament.

Two years later, he took charge of Bayern, reaching the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League, but left after one season

sky sports football

He was an amazing football player, but still unproven as a coach. He has a big name but that's not everything, I hope he does well because I like the US team quite a bit

Anyone know much about this guy? Alexi was jizzing about him on SC just now.

Amazing footballer, scored goals at every club he went to and his playing career was pretty long so he will have picked up a lot from the coaches he played under. The only problem is, he's only had 2 coaching jobs and he walked out of them both very quickly, it's definitely a risky move. If he's committed, then you guys have done well to get him, he'll work wonders with your strikers. The main worry is obviously if he walks out if things get tough, he's lived in the US for a long time so i'm sure he's committed and in it for the long haul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVe7GtrjVek&feature=related

One of my all time fave goals came from him, it was the 1st world cup I was old enough to remember. Everyone was trying it after they saw him do it.

Germany in 2006 played well with Klinsmann as their coach. I can't speak for Bayern Munich because I can't remember, but I'm not too worried about his ability to coach, I'd be more worried at him quitting in 2012. National teams are a long process and it should have the same coach for a couple of years.

Coaching team USA isn't that difficult, w/o being disrespectful to anyone, the truth is that USA's only competition in Concacaf is Mexico. USA only play real games in a WC or whenever they make it to Confederations Cup

Yeah, although minus the finishing I thought he was pretty good. Although while saying that I understand he's not supposed to be missing good chances. I don't know, I can't really knock on young players, same thing with the NBA. I thought Robinho was far more disappointing.

I wasn't expecting much from Robinho, in fact I was surprised he was called to play for the national team. While Neymar is only 19, I was kinda expecting to see a little more....

If Klinsmann can work some magic with the US offense then it's a great grab. That's always been the US problem once they hit the big stages, they can play D, but the passing and the striking are always just a step behind.

Hey guys!! Anyone interested in playing fantasy football (soccer) ??

I have my english premier league set, and it would be fun if a couple of us could get together and compete.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

This is the link ^

And if you don't know much about English footie I can help you

Hey guys!! Anyone interested in playing fantasy football (soccer) ??

I have my english premier league set, and it would be fun if a couple of us could get together and compete.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

This is the link ^

And if you don't know much about English footie I can help you

Is there an European fantasy league? Most of the games I watch are from Spain. A few from England, Italy and sometimes Germany.