Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

The Official Soccer Thread

This Copa America has been so mediocre at best. Paraguay will be playing the final on Sunday and they haven't even won a singe game in the regulatory time. They have tied all 5 games and their style, while it's taken them to the finals is pretty boring.

Brazil did not play well. Their best game was probably against Paraguay and they lost, but that team has a lot room to improve.

Argentina has great players, but cannot play as a team. Their best game was against a sub 23 Costa Rica and couldn't even beat the the second worst team in the copa (Bolivia)

Chile played well at times with their overrated player in Sanchez, but could not beat Venezuela.

Colombia, good players, but their coaching staff is afraid of playing forward. They will want to play like if it was 1990.

Venezuela has really surprised me. They're no longer afraid of playing and almost beat Paraguay yesterday. They should have been in the finals.

Uruguay deserves to win the Copa. The way they played Argentina with 10 man was just amazing. They play with a lot of cojones!

Disagree. Copa America was much more than i expected, at least. Pretty fun games, big surprises, emotion, incredible misses, more surprises, and 3 shining stars so far: Suarez, Villar and Lugano.

Disagree. Copa America was much more than i expected, at least. Pretty fun games, big surprises, emotion, incredible misses, more surprises, and 3 shining stars so far: Suarez, Villar and Lugano.

Maybe I had really high expectations.

Suarez has been great for about 2 years now, so he really doesn't surprise me. Same with Lugano who had a really good WC10.

Villar and the goalie for Uruguay have been really impressive. Those 2 have really surprised me.

Yeah, the level has been quite low, boring draws most of the time.. Uruguay-Argentina was the only fun game

And I don't know why Rodallega doesn't play more often

I hope Uruguay wins, always liked them and knew they could do well in the World Cup (didn't expect them to go that far, though)

Maybe I had really high expectations.

Suarez has been great for about 2 years now, so he really doesn't surprise me. Same with Lugano who had a really good WC10.

Villar and the goalie for Uruguay have been really impressive. Those 2 have really surprised me.

I knew of Villar because he played here a long time. Actually he is coming back now, to Estudiantes.

Lugano was tremendous since his 2005 stint in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

I am not a fan of Suarez´ game, but he has had an unbelievable Copa America so far. Also, his good runs in Ajax and Liverpool are proof. But i am a big fan of Forlan. I think the dude has everything, technically he is perfect. He and Messi are the 2 best players in the World, IMO.

And I don't know why Rodallega doesn't play more often

Besides the fact that he sucks, Colombia only plays with one true forward in Falcao and 5 midfielders. As a sub, he was usually the first man of the bench, but he did not play well.

OMG the Orlando City match was awesome last night. 11,000 strong in the Citrus Dump and we bent over Newcastle. It ended at 1-0 but it honestly should've been 3-0. Dunno if that was their first or second squad but really don't care, that's a third tier American club taking it to an EPL team. To quote one of the chants from last night, "ARE YOU WATCHING, MLS?!"

• Upvote 1

OMG the Orlando City match was awesome last night. 11,000 strong in the Citrus Dump and we bent over Newcastle. It ended at 1-0 but it honestly should've been 3-0. Dunno if that was their first or second squad but really don't care, that's a third tier American club taking it to an EPL team. To quote one of the chants from last night, "ARE YOU WATCHING, MLS?!"

Yeah, it was their third team with a few bench players, but that team was still good enough to be beating Orlando, so hats off to them for getting a good result. Glad their was a big crowd and you had a good time, sounds like the fans were really into it!

Uruguay justifiedly won, with a beatdown of Paraguay, 3-0. Suarez, MVP of the Copa, Forlan scored 2 beautiful goals, proving he is a Top 5 Player (IMO he is top 2). Defense was solid as always. Paraguay did not even attack. But this kid names Perez, who plays in Villarreal B, came in and straight attacked the D, creating the only danger for them. I see a good future for this kid. Paraguay tactics were very defensive, they did not risk at any time.

Uruguay, who only deserved to lose against us, won big time.

Glad Uruguay won.

and i wish i hadn't missed this game. Ridiculous.

Too bad that Neymar didn't show up in Copa America

Too bad that Neymar didn't show up in Copa America

Yeah, although minus the finishing I thought he was pretty good. Although while saying that I understand he's not supposed to be missing good chances. I don't know, I can't really knock on young players, same thing with the NBA. I thought Robinho was far more disappointing.