Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

The Official Soccer Thread

I'm still trying to figure out why Dani Alves ever got to start. . . dude is such a bum

Can't wait for Argentina/Uruguay though.

I was trying to figure out the same thing last night. I wonder if Maicon was hurt.

Alves plays really good ball with Barcelona, but can't ever play like that with Brazil.

Also, I agree with Colombia being a surprise thus far. I'm really amazed since I didn't think they had a chance at playing so well. Guarin's game against Argentina was amazing.

Chile though, I think has a chance at beating Brazil. Brazil's defense has been pretty bad and Chile, besides having great forwards, attack with 6 and 7 players. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Chile Vs Argentina final.

I was trying to figure out the same thing last night. I wonder if Maicon was hurt.

Alves plays really good ball with Barcelona, but can't ever play like that with Brazil.

That was what i was talking about before...Dani Alves and Messi are huge Superstars playing for Barca, you can have Messi as the best of the world and Alves undoubtedly Top 15, and Top 3 as a right back, even though he is probably one of the most offensive minded right backs ever.

Then, in National Teams. Their level is so mediocre....That's why i am saying the 4 Spanish guys (you could include Pedro and Villa, too - i am not so fond of Valdez) on Barca are underrated because there is no possible way that Messi and Dani Alves could be so brilliant on another system.

Also, I agree with Colombia being a surprise thus far. I'm really amazed since I didn't think they had a chance at playing so well. Guarin's game against Argentina was amazing.

Chile though, I think has a chance at beating Brazil. Brazil's defense has been pretty bad and Chile, besides having great forwards, attack with 6 and 7 players. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Chile Vs Argentina final.

I dont buy Chile's hype. They are said to be a great team since Bielsa, but they just don't have enough quality players. Alexis Sanchez is good, but definitely not 45M euros that Barca paid good. I remember him from River, good athleticisim, speed, can shoot, but is more a dribbler that a striker, and very selfish player. Maybe Barca can change his style for the sake of their system. They could not fit Ibra well, that's for sure, and after they went small, which gave them great success (borat)

Unbelievable.

Colombia-Peru was a horrible match up until the penalty kick that Falaco missed. Colombia wasted too many opportunities and Peru scored on the 2 they had.

Argentina could not take advantage of the extra man they had and then Mascherano was sent off unfairly. Uruaguay played with a lot of cojones! And their goalie was absolutely impressive!

Argentina Uruguay was an instant classic. Probably one of the best 10 matches i ever seen. Not a good result for me, but it was brilliant. Goals, red cards, fights, posts, tremendous goalkeepeing, forlan, messi, lugano, aguero, penalty kicks...amazing.

lol, Pato & Brazil are going to have nightmares about that game. Dominated the entire thing but missed an unbelievable amount of chances and couldn't score a single goal in the shootout. It's why I don't like PKs one bit. . .

lol, Pato & Brazil are going to have nightmares about that game. Dominated the entire thing but missed an unbelievable amount of chances and couldn't score a single goal in the shootout. It's why I don't like PKs one bit. . .

You have to give credit where it´s due: Justo Villar is just a superb GK. We know him well because here he had tremendous seasons from 2004/2007, but all the saves he had today, including with the foot, was what gave Paraguay the victory. Martino said: "We won because of focus, Villar, and lot of luck". That simple.

On the other hand, did anyone saw that everyone, after missing, was signaling the penalty point?. I guess there was a hole or something there, this was totally abnormal. Some, like Elano or Haedo Valdez, were not even close.