Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

The Official Soccer Thread

this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNvBe-WgW-4

i have to admit i do not record seeing this, but it's kind of funny, anyway, this is not about general dirty playing, it's about diving

yes of course every team fakes, but i usually watch barça games, and for me it just seems like they dive way too much, more than any other team, except for messi, he rarely gives up on a play i'll give him that

but that's just my view

Watch some Madrid games instead then. Di Maria is one of the worst I've ever seen. He is actually pathetic.

Pepe is just a thug, and typical of players nowadays. Gives out everything he possibly can, but someone touches him, and down he goes. Precisely like Drogba.

I understand people disliking Barca after them dominating for a reasonable amount of time, but when you rely on people like Drogba to chuck themselves around and stop the game constantly, that's not exactly what football is about. Win the game by defending very well against teams who are vastly superior, rather than resorting to faking injuries etc.

Personally, I'd much rather watch Barcelona play than either Chelsea or Madrid in these types of game. No team I've ever seen has the finesse and sheer brilliance throughout their team that Barca have. Barcelona also have Messi, who as far as I'm concerned is head and shoulders above anyone else simply because of his talent and his personality on the pitch. Rarely dives, hardly ever moans about a decision, and looks like he genuinely is grateful that he gets to play the game as much as he does. Nothing like the other "superstars" of the game.

On another note, while Chelsea defended well, it was more a Barca slip up rather than a Chelsea victory. Could've been at least 3-4 goals for Barcelona despite the Chelsea tactics.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

stop trolling

I have 2 questions:

What brings you here? (I'm actually happy more posters are visiting this thread, not trying to be a jerk)

Who are the ones that were so much better than Messi and Cristiano?

That will happen all the time unless Football adapts a clock that stops when the ball goes out, when players are injured etc. Just like in the NBA

That alone would solve many problems

Not to mention the video-ref that Rugby has... Last week Chelsea scored a goal against Tottenham and the ball didn't cross the line by any means

Those refs that are next to the goal line during UEFA games are just silly, it would be much cheaper to get a f'n TV than paying all those guys a salary

I have 2 questions:

What brings you here? (I'm actually happy more posters are visiting this thread, not trying to be a jerk)

Who are the ones that were so much better than Messi and Cristiano?

I've watched and played soccer since I was a kid, so I lurk.

With that said, in no particular order, Pele, Maradona, Ronaldo and dinho, Zidane, Beckenbauer

then u have guys like Gerd Muller, Zico, Cruyff, ******* Platini, maybe even Figo, Rivaldo, and Raul, who you can make a case for. Individual accolades do not make a player, and as good as Messi and CRonaldo are, they haven't accomplished what most of the guys I mentioned have and play in a much different era of football, one I'm personally not too fond of.

I do think that if Messi could continue to show his greatness for Argentina and win at least one cup, he'll easily get in my book of one of the greatest players, but not yet. . .

Watch some Madrid games instead then. Di Maria is one of the worst I've ever seen. He is actually pathetic.

Pepe is just a thug, and typical of players nowadays. Gives out everything he possibly can, but someone touches him, and down he goes. Precisely like Drogba.

I understand people disliking Barca after them dominating for a reasonable amount of time, but when you rely on people like Drogba to chuck themselves around and stop the game constantly, that's not exactly what football is about. Win the game by defending very well against teams who are vastly superior, rather than resorting to faking injuries etc.

Personally, I'd much rather watch Barcelona play than either Chelsea or Madrid in these types of game. No team I've ever seen has the finesse and sheer brilliance throughout their team that Barca have. Barcelona also have Messi, who as far as I'm concerned is head and shoulders above anyone else simply because of his talent and his personality on the pitch. Rarely dives, hardly ever moans about a decision, and looks like he genuinely is grateful that he gets to play the game as much as he does. Nothing like the other "superstars" of the game.

On another note, while Chelsea defended well, it was more a Barca slip up rather than a Chelsea victory. Could've been at least 3-4 goals for Barcelona despite the Chelsea tactics.

Excellently said

With that said, in no particular order, Pele, Maradona, Ronaldo and dinho, Zidane, Beckenbauer

then u have guys like Gerd Muller, Zico, Cruyff, ******* Platini, maybe even Figo, Rivaldo, and Raul, who you can make a case for. Individual accolades do not make a player, and as good as Messi and CRonaldo are, they haven't accomplished what most of the guys I mentioned have and play in a much different era of football, one I'm personally not too fond of.

I do think that if Messi could continue to show his greatness for Argentina and win at least one cup, he'll easily get in my book of one of the greatest players, but not yet. . .

I think Messi and Ronaldo are both, already in this point of their careers, superior to the overall achievements of Raul (even if i am a big fan of him) and Figo. Especially Messi.

But i agree with you, until Messi wins the cup with Argentina, he cannot be considered better than Maradona.

SUCK ON THAT BARÇA

i'm so happy right now jesus, absolutely hate those actors

Not a Barca fan or anything, but are you really taking THIS away from all the greatness that Barcelona has provided in the last 5 years, proving itself to be likely the best team in history, with such a brilliant style and dominance?

Well, all those guys were great but I don't really see a gap between them and Messi and Ronaldo. Messi and Ronaldo have already won the Champions League and the Player of the year; Messi is the best player in the best team ever, Ronaldo has beaten records in the Premier League and Spanish League and is one of the best finishers in history. (I could go on and on)

They haven't had success with their national teams but it's a team game, Spain is much better than Portugal and Argentina. Portugal doesn't have a decent Striker and Argentina has mediocre defence. Ryan Giggs is the example of a player that couldn't have success with his national team because it was very poor.

And IMO no one has performed better in the Spanish League than Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Ronaldinho, Zidane, Rivaldo, Ronaldo were joys to watch, but goal scoring has to be a factor too.

And IMO no one has performed better in the Spanish League than Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Ronaldinho, Zidane, Rivaldo, Ronaldo were joys to watch, but goal scoring has to be a factor too.

None of those guys player in this era's Spanish and Premier league. You can't compare 50 goals in 2011 to 50 goals in 2005. One thing you can learn from guys like Wilt Chamberlain and more currently LeBron James, stats do lie. As you said, it is a team game, and if you score 3 goals in a game but your team still loses, then those goals aren't as valuable.

I will say that Messi is safe being regarded as the best player on possibly the best club in the history of the game, but I don't think you can be considered one of the greatest until you achieve World Cup greatness.

As far as Figo and Raul goes, those are just names that popped in my head, I could go into more depth and would probably take those names out, maybe add a few, but it was just a quick reply, nothing concrete or extremely well thought out.

Are you saying that it used to be more competitive in 2005 than it is in 2012?

I mean, for the Spanish League I could agree with that, having Deportivo and Valencia but the Premier League is as strong as ever and Cristiano also dominated that ****

My very dear FC Porto won the Champions League in 2003/2004 and that would be a travesty in 2012