Sign in to follow this  
Shock Phantom

Portland Trail Blazers @ Orlando Magic

there's no " " for my sarcasm, it was the real deal.

also, to clear it up, I wasn't calling you a moron... unless you're the one that went -1 on my previous post, in that case...well.

for me your sarcasm had to be in "", as there was no place for it, I was not saying the loss was on SVG, only questioned Jason Richardson playing time.

INo Dwight, we were primarily a jump shooting team all night, we turned the ball over a lot, we missed FT's, didn't rebound very well and we lost by 4 - what did you expect?

Not to be picky, but we were 8 of 9 from the line, and the one miss we rebounded and Hedo hit a three, so it ended up being better for us anyway. But yeah, turnovers was the real problem, and it really seemed like they were trying too hard to move to ball around early on and made some silly mistakes.

Not to be picky, but we were 8 of 9 from the line, and the one miss we rebounded and Hedo hit a three, so it ended up being better for us anyway. But yeah, turnovers was the real problem, and it really seemed like they were trying too hard to move to ball around early on and made some silly mistakes.

good catch.

I think I was typing faster than I was thinking, maybe I meant to say "we missed getting to the line", the lack of FT's were different for us. Sure, even with Dwight missing 42% of them, I'd still take my chances especially when fouls impact the game with players having to sub in and out.

good catch.

I think I was typing faster than I was thinking, maybe I meant to say "we missed getting to the line", the lack of FT's were different for us. Sure, even with Dwight missing 52% of them, I'd still take my chances especially when fouls impact the game with players having to sub in and out.

Yeah, we definitely missed getting to the line. I thought we might run the chance of breaking our record of fewest free throws in a game (6).

I just hope I don't have to watch that much Hedo/Arenas ballhandling ever again. Meer's shots weren't going in but most were good shots and at least he was able to drive the damn lane. Arenas at this point just walks around the court and Hedo is just in some serious love with terrible step jack contested js

I'm a huge Jameer fan, but tonight was not a night where his game was embellished by Gil's shortcomings. He played so terribly that Stan was forced to go with Arenas as a better option down the stretch. He'll bounce back, for sure, but that doesn't mean we can let his play tonight slide. It was all kinds of awful.

I was quite pleased with tonight's effort, to be honest. I've come to accept this team's limited capabilities, so I wasn't expecting a victory facing a frontcourt of Aldridge/Camby/Wallace when Dwight is out. What does worry me a bit is the speed of our "slashers". Gil looks so slow that Hedo, by comparison, looks like a dependable driving option. It prevented him from driving on Lamarcus F**king Aldridge.

In short, tonight just further strengthens Dwight's already steady MVP campaign.

I'm a huge Jameer fan, but tonight was not a night where his game was embellished by Gil's shortcomings. He played so terribly that Stan was forced to go with Arenas as a better option down the stretch. He'll bounce back, for sure, but that doesn't mean we can let his play tonight slide. It was all kinds of awful.

It was bad, but my point isn't to say it was good or decent or below average, my point was that Arenas was so awful that if it weren't for the shots he made (the ones he usually misses) he would've had a game worse than Nelson's, which isn't good at all. I'm more comfortable with JJ playing PG than Arenas at this point. Arenas looks like Baron Davis did this year if you completely removed Baron's ability to get in the lane using his strength. Arenas seems to try to slowly penetrate to make up for his lack of quickness but he the only way he can overpower people is by pushing them off.

it's hard not to be negative but at this point it needs to be said. this team needs a pg period. i have said this since 2006. part of the blame for last night must also go to svg. the second quarter with no j-rich and gil is so bad he kills this team. there is no discipline on offense whatsoever. last hedo is a ballhog with the worst shot selection on this team other than gil. this season is getting away from the magic. it's getting difficult to watch/

I thought we showed great effort and coming out with a W would ha e been amazing boost of.confidence for our guys.

One thing bothers me about this game though. The questionable officiating. Nobody brought up how TWICE after commercial breaks we came back to hear Matty and Dave tell us the score had changed. ( first +1pt for Portland, LA's two changed to three. and 2nd -2pts for RA's post move that barely missed beating the shot clock)

Is this normal for refs to check out previous calls? I remember recently Arenas lobbing a pass to Dwight, the refs reviewed it and saw Gil's foot out of bounds but couldn't change the call. Of this is the case refs should be changing numerous fouls on Dwight into flagrant fouls... amirite?!

• Downvote 1

I thought we showed great effort and coming out with a W would ha e been amazing boost of.confidence for our guys.

One thing bothers me about this game though. The questionable officiating. Nobody brought up how TWICE after commercial breaks we came back to hear Matty and Dave tell us the score had changed. ( first +1pt for Portland, LA's two changed to three. and 2nd -2pts for RA's post move that barely missed beating the shot clock)

Is this normal for refs to check out previous calls? I remember recently Arenas lobbing a pass to Dwight, the refs reviewed it and saw Gil's foot out of bounds but couldn't change the call. Of this is the case refs should be changing numerous fouls on Dwight into flagrant fouls... amirite?!

Refs always check shots that are inconclusive. If your foot is extremely close to the line the ref may make the call on the floor but once a timeout hits they'll go check to make sure the foot was really behind the line. Same thing goes with buzzer beaters.

Refs were okay for the most part. Thought they gave the Magic an edge in the 1st half.