Sign in to follow this  
fan for too long 2

Earl Clark where are you???

In all seriousness, I don't think Clark has earned enough respect to take minutes away from our starters on big matchups. Not to mention in a game where you do desperate need offense, Clark is hardly the answer. . .

You guys are so damn tough to please. . . if Clark gets put in instead of Hedo and manages to have an even worse game, everyone riots about Hedo not playing. This board is about as consistent as NBA refereeing.

Would he have to be the 2nd coming to be more overrated than CLee? Are you trying to say CLee has reached that level?? As Hubie would say, OH MY

The 2nd coming of JC dingnut. geez. And the bold part of your statement really got me to laugh. When exactly has that happened?

How many rebounds or points did Hedo have? And you don't think Clark can do that, I believe he could of with his eyes closed on crutches while eating a grilled cheese.

The 2nd coming of JC dingnut. geez. And the bold part of your statement really got me to laugh. When exactly has that happened?

How many rebounds or points did Hedo have? And you don't think Clark can do that, I believe he could of with his eyes closed on crutches while eating a grilled cheese.

Hasn't happened particularly with Hedo/Clark but a few times Hedo or Bass have been benched for having poor games and the chat room would start to complain about one or the other not being in the game. . .

As far as Clark, I'm sure he could do that, but Hedo's presence alone helped more than Clark could've. As badly as he played at least he was able to live off reputation making people respect his shot and defend harder on the PnR. Clark, at most, would clog the lane and shoot ill-advised shots. Deng's a good defender so I don't think the Magic were willing to play 4 on 5 offensive for the sake of hustle. Q should've gotten more burn, but there really aren't enough minutes to go around the forward position when you have JRich, Hedo, Q, Clark, Bass, and Anderson all taking up minutes there. I'm fine with Hedo getting 25-30mpg, as long as it's every game.

I do wish JRich would just not play much backup SF minutes at all but at the same time that would mean less minutes for JJ. Not an easy job.

• Downvote 1

In all seriousness, I don't think Clark has earned enough respect to take minutes away from our starters on big matchups. Not to mention in a game where you do desperate need offense, Clark is hardly the answer. . .

You guys are so damn tough to please. . . if Clark gets put in instead of Hedo and manages to have an even worse game, everyone riots about Hedo not playing. This board is about as consistent as NBA refereeing.

Would he have to be the 2nd coming to be more overrated than CLee? Are you trying to say CLee has reached that level?? As Hubie would say, OH MY

I don't disagree with you often, but Turk has been a wasted roster spot on most nights. Its like we are waiting for him to play like he did in those first two games back. But all he does is make lazy passes on the break, take fade away 3 pointers and pull up to shoot when its 2 on 4. His decision making used to be covered up by his ability to close out games. Now, on most nights, he is bad all game long.

With that said, I would rather see someone who wants to bust their ass for our team on the court. We could Have D12, 3 shooters and Clark on the floor for his energy and hustle. That is what Noah's role is (I know Clark is no Noah... just saying not everyone has to be a scorer).

I don't disagree with you often, but Turk has been a wasted roster spot on most nights. Its like we are waiting for him to play like he did in those first two games back. But all he does is make lazy passes on the break, take fade away 3 pointers and pull up to shoot when its 2 on 4. His decision making used to be covered up by his ability to close out games. Now he is bad all game long.

With that said, I would rather see someone who wants to bust their ass for our team on the court. We could Have D12, 3 shooters and Clark on the floor for his energy and hustle. That is what Noah's role is (I know Clark is no Noah... just saying not everyone has to be a scorer).

Oh, believe me, I've been complaining about Hedo for weeks. . . hell, I've been complaining about Hedo before he was even officially traded to the Magic. I can't stand how lazy he is most of the times and how stupid some of his shots are. With that being said, I can't deny the fact that he's one of the few guys able to get Dwight the ball and I'm willing to take the risk of the awful Turkoleaner or Turkoflail if it means more touches for Dwight (as well as some pressure off of Nelson to always have to be the one creating).

• Downvote 1

Oh, believe me, I've been complaining about Hedo for weeks. . . hell, I've been complaining about Hedo before he was even officially traded to the Magic. I can't stand how lazy he is most of the times and how stupid some of his shots are. With that being said, I can't deny the fact that he's one of the few guys able to get Dwight the ball and I'm willing to take the risk of the awful Turkoleaner or Turkoflail if it means more touches for Dwight (as well as some pressure off of Nelson to always have to be the one creating).

Agreed. That is the ONE thing Turk does better than anyone who has ever played next to Dwight. But, at what cost? He doesn't rebound. He doesn't defend. He takes bad shots. He makes bad decisions. I know he has moments of brilliance, but those are so few and far between. We need to play a hustle guy. Any hustle guy. So they can motivate our team to get floor burns for a win.

Agreed. That is the ONE thing Turk does better than anyone who has ever played next to Dwight. But, at what cost? He doesn't rebound. He doesn't defend. He takes bad shots. He makes bad decisions. I know he has moments of brilliance, but those are so few and far between. We need to play a hustle guy. Any hustle guy. So they can motivate our team to get floor burns for a win.

I honestly think that hustle guy needs to come from our PF position, which Clark can play. Anderson himself has a few games where he's a rebounding machine, although he seems to struggle against teams with length.

Bass has just been terrible. I never liked him but at least before when he was hitting his shots at least he didn't hurt the team so I laid off of him then but at this point he looks like a poor man's Drew Gooden out there.

It seems that the PF position is the one Stan requires the most of. Lewis earned his spot even with Bass on the team because of how well he helped defensively and how he usually did not force things. What I hope is that Clark eventually earns Stan's trust and takes minutes away from Bass.

• Downvote 1

Disagree. To me, Bass has yet to warrant playing time over Clark since his return from injury. The guy is just a piss poor rebounder, and is, as has been thoroughly documented, one of the worst rotational defenders basketball has ever seen. His lack of any conceivable passing skill also quietly hurts the team. Every game, there are several instances where Bass will get the ball from one of our guards at a spot maybe a few feet outside of his range. Following the hand-off, he'll look completely and utterly lost, like he's alone on a four-foot wide raft surrounded by sharks with laser beams on their heads.

Even from an offensive standpoint, his play is nothing to write home about. He takes it to the rim with authority when he's open, but when met with any decent amount of resistance, he'll throw up layup attempts that would make Hedo cringe.

Clark's jumper is terribly inconsistent, but he brings significantly more to the table than Bass. He's at least 76 times better on the defensive end, he moves without the ball (gasp!) fairly well, can handle the ball decently (which allows him to create a bit more), and he can drive to the basket without looking like a cat wearing roller skates. Bass has become an empty stats guy in the caliber of Kevin Martin. It's like playing Hakim Warrick over Luc Richard Mbah Moute. One helps the team in several ways, while the other posts prettier stats while providing little to no impact on the defensive end.

Bless his heart, he tries hard, and I'm sure he's a swell guy, but he is simply not the guy to lessen the load on Dwight.

Yeah, Bass has been the train wreck, but I still can't agree with Clark starting over Hedo and Anderson and to a slight extend Bass. Not because Bass has been better, but because Clark is still a young player learning basketball and a new system. Really, I don't think the only way Clark starts to get consistent minutes is if Bass gets traded (something I've been wanting for about a year now :dustball:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh, I'm not saying he should start...or wait, maybe I am. Initially, I meant just getting him more playing time but I forgot how much better Ryan plays off the bench.

W/e, start him. Throw him into the fray and let him learn. I just want an end to our players having the need to overcompensate for Bass' lack of team defense.

Is Clark already more overrated than CLee?? It seems so. . .

Fans are suckers for unknown young guys who work hard and do the little things. People were devestated when we traded C-Lee even though he's just a mediocre role player that isn't any better than a lot of guys in this league.

I like Clark, but giving him minutes won't solve our problems.

I agree with you both on Bass, his inability to pass or dribble or rotate or box out or oh, you get the drift. He has been a big let down. His energy pre injury was at a much higher level. And it covered up for some of these shortcomings.

Just because Clark is young and still learning doesn't mean he is not good enough to play. He played good against Dirk, Melo and these are some of the best players in the league. But alas Stan has never played young players on a consistent level except for CLee, because at that time he did not have much else.

Do you think that Earl's offensive abilities would have helped us to win yesterday? Our defense was pretty fine all night, we needed scoring and Hedo has bigger potential than Clark to do that.