Sign in to follow this  
ShefGator2

EARL CLARK - finally some help defense for D12

As a 3, Clark potentially has what Pietrus had playing the 2, athleticism to stay connected & disruptive length to challenge J's. Want to see him getting burn against 3's like Pierce & LeBron w/o sacrificing D at the 4 by simply switching defensive assignments w/Hedo. Clark playing some 3 w/AnderBass @ would be interesting. Clark playing 3 with AnderBass playing the 4 & 5 w/Dwight out might help neutralize the weakness of that lineup as well. A small/big lineup if you will.

SVG utilized this ABC front court lineup tonight for about 4 mins and it ended the stint +3 after shaky start. Only criticism would be that you have to post Clark if a player the size of Gerald Henderson is defending him.

Yes, Earl the Pearl is definitely a keeper!

Yes, Earl "the Pearl" Monroe was definitely a keeper, and one of the best in the league in his days with the NYK; so don't try to steal his nickname. That is just not on. Come up with his own nickname for EC, not someone else's. I kind of like the "My Name is" Earl Clark. It's current, and considering how little he is known around the league, it's kind of ironic/clever, too.

Yes, Earl "the Pearl" Monroe was definitely a keeper, and one of the best in the league in his days with the NYK; so don't try to steal his nickname. That is just not on. Come up with his own nickname for EC, not someone else's. I kind of like the "My Name is" Earl Clark. It's current, and considering how little he is known around the league, it's kind of ironic/clever, too.

Basketball nicknames are serious business.

Basketball nicknames are serious business.

I don't know about "serious", but there are some you associate with specific players, and probably should be left that way.

Earvin "Magic" Johnson

Larry "Legend" Bird

Wilt "The Big Dipper", or "The Stilt" Chamberlin

Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Oscar "The Big O" Robertson

Walt "Clyde", or "Clyde the Glide" Frazier

George "The Iceman" Gervin

Robert "The Chief" Parrish

Elvin "The Big E" Hayes

Just to name a few. I seriously doubt that EC will ever approach the fame of any of the above, but give him a chance to make a name for himself, and don't burden him with trying to "live up to" someone else's.