Sign in to follow this  
Arielle

Start Arenas, and you will see a difference ...

Another good start for Nelson tonight against the Bobcats. Ok, Nelson, you are proving me wrong once again. Good start once again for the Magic, but the defense still needs to kick it up a notch.

Another good start for Nelson tonight against the Bobcats. Ok, Nelson, you are proving me wrong once again. Good start once again for the Magic, but the defense still needs to kick it up a notch.

Jameer Nelson has made a career out of proving people wrong. Let's just take a look at all of the times he's been doubted.

High School

-Was called too short by recruiters in high school. So he signed on early to nearby St. Joe's. He then went and led his team to back to back championships. When the big colleges like Pitt then came calling back he honored his commitment to St. Joe's.

College

-Again was considered to short to be a true player on the college level. He led St. Joe's to an elite 8 appearance. Won the Lowe's Senior Class Award (nations best upper classmen), the Naismith award, Oscar Robertson Award, and Wooden Award (all given to who is believed to be the nations best collegiate player).

NBA

-Despite all those acolaydes he was not selected until the 20th pick in the NBA draft and then traded the same day. He then played so well the Magic were forced to move (and eventually trade) former all star PG Steve Francis to the SG position. Was selected to the All Rookie second team.

-Was called the weakest link on the Magic team going into the playoff series vs Toronto and predicted to get torn apart by the two-some of Jose Calderon and TJ Ford. He averaged 17.2 pts on 51.9% FG, 4.8 assists, and 3 rbs. The Magic won the series 4-1.

-Followed that up with an NBA All star selection in 08-09, and was the Magic's most consistent performer in all of last years post season, averaging 19 pts on 47.9% FG, 4.8 Assists, 3.6 rbs, and 1 Stl for all 3 series.

And yet after all that, his own Team's fans continue to question him, season after season. I'm not going after you here Arielle, you already admitted your being proven wrong again. But you are not the only Magic fan who keeps doubting this guy. And you won't be the last. And it won't be the last time Jameer makes you all eat your words again.

• Upvote 1

Jameer Nelson has made a career out of proving people wrong. Let's just take a look at all of the times he's been doubted.

High School

-Was called too short by recruiters in high school. So he signed on early to nearby St. Joe's. He then went and led his team to back to back championships. When the big colleges like Pitt then came calling back he honored his commitment to St. Joe's.

College

-Again was considered to short to be a true player on the college level. He led St. Joe's to an elite 8 appearance. Won the Lowe's Senior Class Award (nations best upper classmen), the Naismith award, Oscar Robertson Award, and Wooden Award (all given to who is believed to be the nations best collegiate player).

NBA

-Despite all those acolaydes he was not selected until the 20th pick in the NBA draft and then traded the same day. He then played so well the Magic were forced to move (and eventually trade) former all star PG Steve Francis to the SG position. Was selected to the All Rookie second team.

-Was called the weakest link on the Magic team going into the playoff series vs Toronto and predicted to get torn apart by the two-some of Jose Calderon and TJ Ford. He averaged 17.2 pts on 51.9% FG, 4.8 assists, and 3 rbs. The Magic won the series 4-1.

-Followed that up with an NBA All star selection in 08-09, and was the Magic's most consistent performer in all of last years post season, averaging 19 pts on 47.9% FG, 4.8 Assists, 3.6 rbs, and 1 Stl for all 3 series.

And yet after all that, his own Team's fans continue to question him, season after season. I'm not going after you here Arielle, you already admitted your being proven wrong again. But you are not the only Magic fan who keeps doubting this guy. And you won't be the last. And it won't be the last time Jameer makes you all eat your words again.

Well, it´s great we have someone with so much heart and a true champion in Jameer. I hope we win a trophy with him on board. If Arenas continues to get his shot (like he appears to be doing tonight), I´m ok to have Arenas as the 6th man role (aka Ginobili role in Spurs´past). I don´t care who starts. I just want us to win some games. Looks like another victory tonight, hopefully, and the Magic look like they are getting their MOJO back.

All he's proving right now is how inefficient he is at finding Dwight. If we didn't have Hedo finding Dwight this team's offense would be in disaster mode right now.

All he's proving right now is how inefficient he is at finding Dwight. If we didn't have Hedo finding Dwight this team's offense would be in disaster mode right now.

Simply not true. I don't know if you watched the same game I did tonight. Jameer and Gilbert both played great pretty much all game

Even though he hit 3's and he scored more I didn't like this game as much as the last one. I thought he played well but he was being guarded by Livingston who has no knees and he didn't drive except for the one time in the first and he got fouled on that drive. The shooting is nice, I just want him attacking and drawing fouls, that is what we need come playoff time.

• Upvote 2