Sign in to follow this  
Arielle

Start Arenas, and you will see a difference ...

2 turnovers...That's being picked off all the time to you? 2 to's tonight.

Again his shots are bad because he's not making any of em. If he was no one would be talking about his shots because everyone knows Gilbert is scorer.

no, you're missing the part where gilbert has shot a career 42% and a 35% from 3.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/arenagi01.html

They are bad shots because they aren't falling.

No, contested 20 footers 8 seconds into the shot clock are NOT good shots, whether they go in or not.

No, contested 20 footers 8 seconds into the shot clock are NOT good shots, whether they go in or not.

Let's get Dwight to start shooting from behind the arc. They're only bad shots if they don't go in, right?

No, you didn't. That's the disturbing part. You don't even realize the ramifications of what you are asking for.

:panicworker:

How's status quo working for ya?

That's weak. Meer does that on a constant basis.

I didn't mention any names.

edit: Jameer generally takes better shots and is a better shooter as well. The volume at which you are suggesting Arenas to shoot bad shot in order to "get in a rhythm" would certainly hurt our causes on offense, leading to a ton of wasted possessions. A bad shot that does not go in is basically a turnover.

I'm fine with Arenas taking open threes, even though he's a mediocre 3pt shooter, and I'm even fine with him taking a few mid range jumpers later in the clock. But he is most effective driving to the basket, and he doesn't have the explosiveness any more to do that effectively on a consistent basis.

No I'm not. Arenas isn't a shooter. He's a scorer. Btw 35% isn't shabby. Its not cream of the crop but its not at the bottom of the barrel either.

Right. Arenas made his career getting to the rim and to the free throw line but was never efficient because on top of that he still jacked up too many bad shots

since it seems he can't consistently get to the rim and FT line, why should he jack up bad shots instead?

No I'm not. Arenas isn't a shooter. He's a scorer. Btw 35% isn't shabby. Its not cream of the crop but its not at the bottom of the barrel either.

Gilbert Arenas is one hundredth of a percentage higher from behind the arc on this team than Q-Rich. Out of everyone on this team that shoots the three ball, they are, without a doubt, the bottom of the barrel.

I didn't mention any names.

edit: Jameer generally takes better shots and is a better shooter as well. The volume at which you are suggesting Arenas to shoot bad shot in order to "get in a rhythm" would certainly hurt our causes on offense, leading to a ton of wasted possessions. A bad shot that does not go in is basically a turnover.

I'm fine with Arenas taking open threes, even though he's a mediocre 3pt shooter, and I'm even fine with him taking a few mid range jumpers later in the clock. But he is most effective driving to the basket, and he doesn't have the explosiveness any more to do that effectively on a consistent basis.

Quick! What was the color of George Washington's white horse?

Start Arenas...

Start Anderson...

Play QRich...

Start JJ...

Play Clark...

Start Arenas...

None of these things are going to significantly alter the dynamics of this team. They are little more than futile attempts to grasp at straws. Anderson started, he didn't magically become Dirk. JJ isn't magically going to become Ray Allen & Arenas isn't going to transform into Agent 0 again.