Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Jareth's Tweet Party!

Kaman's contract will be off the books. Which is 12 million. So is Foye's which is another 4 million or so. Baron Davis will be in his last year which is a tradeable asset if they be creative.

Think about Dwight/Griffin/Gordon.

Ive always thought the Clips would be the best place for Dwight to go to if he decides to **** on us, it would be a nice change of power in L.A. as Kobe gets older. And Dwight, Griffin,Gordon would be a top 3 team out west

Clips have 30.6 million on the books for the 2012-2013 season. That number is with a $5 million Q-offer for eric gordon. With free agents during the next couple years, lotto draft picks, and resigning Deandre Jordan they should be well above the cap.

Edit: unless Baron Davis somehow decides to use his ETO and leave $14 million on the table.

Also, these conversations are somewhat moot until we figure out what the new CBA does.

Who knows what Clippers does with their cap until then? They could very well be thinking to keep things neutral as much as possible and make a push for Dwight. They have a selling point. Kobe will be nearing the end of his career and the Clippers could very well dethrone the Lakers as the team to beat in LA. Dwight gets to live that Hollywood lifestyle. Not saying is highly likely but its definitely not impossible.

Your right about the CBA. I'm expecting a lockout though.

One of which that has the worst owner in sports.

Means very little. As of late, hes been doing a decent job. Getting Dwight would change that perspective of Sterling.

I think they're expecting Dwight to pull a Carmelo. LA offers us Bynum, Shannon Brown, and ebanks.

I hope we'd just call their bluff. I'd rather trade Dwight for salary absorption so we can start off from scratch rather than add a bunch of players we don't want.

Honestly, I just don't see it happening.

As a fan, I wouldn't go too upset if Otis made the best trade available if Dwight were to pull a Melo, however, as the GM, I would NEVER trade Dwight to LA. There is just too much bad history related to Magic Franchise centers and the Lakers. Otis would be run out of town for it.

Instead, if Dwight really did say he was going to leave, as a GM, I would try my best to completely blow up the team that same year with attempts to make the team's future better than the teams available to sign Dwight in the off-season. I really do believe Dwight's main goal is to win a championship and not tarnish his image so if management could somehow make the future at least a bit better than the teams that can sign Dwight, then perhaps the extra money Orlando has to sign him along with being his original team is enough to persuade him to re-sign.

Means very little. As of late, hes been doing a decent job. Getting Dwight would change that perspective of Sterling.

As of late? Not too long ago Sterling was sitting courtside heckling his own players. . . he's going to screw it up, don't worry.

As Magic fans, we need to pray that the new CBA introduces some small market friendly franchise player rules.

I think we're looking at a looong lockout. Things have been going nuts with all these new age stars and their "decisions".

Who knows what Clippers does with their cap until then? They could very well be thinking to keep things neutral as much as possible and make a push for Dwight. They have a selling point. Kobe will be nearing the end of his career and the Clippers could very well dethrone the Lakers as the team to beat in LA. Dwight gets to live that Hollywood lifestyle. Not saying is highly unlikely but its definitely not impossible.

Your right about the CBA. I'm expecting a lockout though.

It takes a lot to field a lesser product in order to build toward a chance to inquire if dwight wants to go there. They have two great players now and it'd be dumb to not entertain free agents and try to make the playoffs in order to take a shot at dwight. Look at what happened to the nets.

Right. If we can get one borderline all star (eric gordon/danny granger type of guy), a few first round picks, and a salary dump of every long term contract we have we'd be better off than getting a bunch of high level role players.

I just keep thinking back on the return we got for T-Mac, you're never gonna get good value trading away a star. I'm just not crazy on the idea of trading Dwight just to get something for him. We're gonna be screwed when he's gone no matter what, might as well take our lumps and rebuild instead of fiddling around in the middle of the pack for a few years with a high pay roll. I'd rather Otis try to make moves that will try and convince Dwight to stay rather than move him. But if we did end up trading him, the other team would have to take Hedo and a few other contracts. It's asking a lot for someone to absorb Arenas' contract so we're pretty much stuck with him.

I just keep thinking back on the return we got for T-Mac, you're never gonna get good value trading away a star. I'm just not crazy on the idea of trading Dwight just to get something for him. We're gonna be screwed when he's gone no matter what, might as well take our lumps and rebuild instead of fiddling around in the middle of the pack for a few years with a high pay roll. I'd rather Otis try to make moves that will try and convince Dwight to stay rather than move him. But if we did end up trading him, the other team would have to take Hedo and a few other contracts. It's asking a lot for someone to absorb Arenas' contract so we're pretty much stuck with him.

It's not asking to much for a team to take Arenas when we're giving them Dwight.

Also, does anyone remember the phoenix offer? Wasn't it Marion, Joe Johnson, and a pick or something?

imagine that lineup: Nelson- Joe Johnson-Hill/Hedo-Marion-Dwight

It takes a lot to field a lesser product in order to build toward a chance to inquire if dwight wants to go there. They have two great players now and it'd be dumb to not entertain free agents and try to make the playoffs in order to take a shot at dwight. Look at what happened to the nets.

Maybe but the fact that Spurs and Lakers will be older...A lot of competition (besides Thunder) has moved to the East...Them being in LA alone...The potential to have one of the most dominating frontcourts in some time with Griffin/Howard...Them having the cap space to do it... You just can't rule them completely out. Like I said, not highly likely but not impossible.