Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Official Game Thread: Magic Vs. Lakers Sun. 2/13

A classic case, but I doubt we'll see anymore cases like this in the future against contenders to be frank. Of course, you gotta credit Howard for his one-on-one play (despite 6 turnovers), but I think the defense stood out a lot more.

edit: They didn't shoot that bad from the perimeter I thought?

Still wouldn't rely on it in a series, though. The Lakers truthfully missed a lot of easy perimeter shots. Not making excuses, but the win doesn't change my opinion about how the EC stacks up.

That post was more so to show that the Magic can win games with Howard scoring 30+ pts, they just have to play defense. Like I mentioned before, nearly every loss when Howard scored over 30pts were close losses in which the team played almost 0 defense, having teams shoot over 50%.

Every team panics when they lose.

That post was more so to show that the Magic can win games with Howard scoring 30+ pts, they just have to play defense. Like I mentioned before, nearly every loss when Howard scored over 30pts were close losses in which the team played almost 0 defense, having teams shoot over 50%.

What about when they do play defense but Howard is struggling or not getting many looks?

Every team panics when they lose.

What about when they do play defense but Howard is struggling or not getting many looks?

A rarity. I can't think of many games of Howard struggling or not getting many shots and the Magic play well defensively. 2nd half against Boston Howard struggled but the team played almost no defense at all

Before the New Orleans game, I picked the Magic to go 3-2 in the next stretch of five games (last game, and the four after that). Magic lose to New Orleans and OKC... but beat Washington, Suckramento, and...

...the Lakers today.

L.A. Lakers 96

Orlando 102

I guess I gave the Lakers too much credit, huh?

The moral of the story? Particularly when it comes to TrueMagicFan game threads... Believe.

Hubie is such a tremendous Laker homer I can't turn the sound up. We could win this by 50 points and he'd still be saying what great plays the Laker's were making.

That's not completely true. He said some really nice things about the magic play, and he was critical of the Lakers. Having said that, I am glad that we win tonight, and I felt pride in the Magic that I have not felt in a very long time. I know it is just a start, but at least it is a start.

I woke up at 4:30am to watch this game, so I mosewell post my thoughts of it.

- Howard played smart once he got in foul trouble, he was frustrated with lack of calls in the first half, but instead of commiting silly frustration fouls he stayed calm and weathered the storm to end up having a superb 2nd half.

- Nelson though did not have a great statistical game, I thought pushed the pace very well and determined the speed of the game.

- Richardson looked like he put a lot more effort in defensively, I would not call his defense great, but you could see that he was trying. One play that I remember was when a rotation happened and there was a Laker under the basket, he came from the baseline 3 to cover the free man and prevent a easy 2.

- Turk must be back to 100% health, looked like he had his legs under him and only took a couple of bad shots (early in the shotclock). His defense on Kobe in the second half was outstanding.

- Anderson made shots. There was still two three attempts which I did not like, just because he was off balance.

- Arenas looks dangerous when he trys to get the ball into the paint, besides that I thought that his missed shots were mainly caused by him getting passed the ball with minimum time left on the shot clock. Also what other guys can get away with clearly steping out of bounds?

- Team defense was great. They doubled at the right time (which has been a weakness and major reason of previous losses). They played great defense on Gasol. I think the best thing was when the lakers came right back into the game, instead of going into a panic state they put in the extra effort and got the lead extended again.

- I hate Van Gundy, but must praise when praise is due. He got the players taking good shots this game, there was barely any moments where the players took a bad shot.

Now time to continue to play this way and bring in some more wins!

• Upvote 2

He says nice things about every team. It's why I hate hearing him.

You hate hearing H. Brown because he is fair and balanced? I really enjoy his comments. He is very knowledgeable and I learn alot from him. Hubie states that truth most of the time.

You hate hearing H. Brown because he is fair and balanced? I really enjoy his comments. He is very knowledgeable and I learn alot from him. Hubie states that truth most of the time.

His standard deviation on commentary must be the largest out of all broadcasters.... One minute he says something completely false and not even close to the truth, then next minute he gives you some insight. Its like a rollercoaster.

• Upvote 1

Yo, whoever says our board panics needs to go over to the Lakers board and read all their posts. I'll never say our board panics ever again.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewforum.php?f=1

I've never seen such a huge collection of misinformed and completely biased morons in my life...in person or online! THAT was pure entertainment.